Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Dawson to USC
Honestly, I do not blame him. He is a great player, He gets to go to southern cal, chill on the beach, look at pretty women and play for a program with alot of history and tradition. It would be hard for me to pick UK right now with the way things are going.
former Wrote:i do not blame him for following his dream, but hsi dream will be a nightmare when he gets recruited over by Kiffen for better than him.

It's MAJOR College football everyone gets recruited over! Nothing different than UK basketball. Even with Pool, Knight, and Lamb they still recuited the best PG in the Nation. Even with Jones on the roster they still recuited 2 5* PF and they have Liggins and Jon Hood coming back but yet signed the best Small forward in the nation. Every Big time college team in America in any sport does it.
former Wrote:i do not blame him for following his dream, but hsi dream will be a nightmare when he gets recruited over by Kiffen for better than him.

I feel Lamar thinks he can hold his own at USC.

As a incoming freshman, I'd expect him to learn and bide his time for playing time. You assume he will get looked over, but what if your wrong? What if he proves he belongs and playes? Who's the fool than?

Big time players, play for big time schools. Let's face it, what can Kentucky offer over a Big Time football school? Like another poster said:

Lane Kiffin or Joker Phillips
Monte Kiffin or Rick Minter
Joe Barry or Chuck Smith
Warm Weather vs. Cold Weather

Easy choice in my book!
former Wrote:I have never posted anything about him so me bad mothing him has nothing to do with his decision, must be the Boyle people who forced him to USC, good job Boyle send some to TN and Louisville now. I am sure your county is happy, but no real UK fan is. i am sure all UK fans hate Boyle Co now. Tell me what is wrong for being mad at losing a good recruit. I am sure he would get a god education at UK and learn from Chuck Smith, who is a great recruiter, hahaha, If you are good, you will play in the NFL, no matter what team you are on. Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Bret Ffavre ring a bell, not big time schools.

You sound like a true uk fan. i guess you forget Jacob Tamme played at Boyle County. Jordan Aumiller currently plays at UK and is a BC alum. Nothing is wrong with you being dissapointed but the way you display it is pathetic.
I heard the gym at Boyle County High School was filled with people in UK gear. Trust me when I say that everyone was trying to sway him to UK. Everyone. I am even more proud of him for choosing where he wants to be and not where everyone wants him to be.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Dawson has chosen to attend USC over Kentucky, Tennessee, Oregon, and UCF.

Congrats Lamar!

Hope he does great but he will probably be there longer than his coach.:biggrin:
RebelPride12 Wrote:I heard the gym at Boyle County High School was filled with people in UK gear. Trust me when I say that everyone was trying to sway him to UK. Everyone. I am even more proud of him for choosing where he wants to be and not where everyone wants him to be.

I agree 100% RP! It's where he wanted to go. If he's happy, than I'm happy. :Thumbs:
California or Kentucky?

LA or Lexington?

Beach or Snow?

Dodgers game or Legends game?

Lakers game or No game?

(After the probation which isnt long) Year in year out shot at a National Championship or The occasional shot at a Music City type Bowl?

Hmmmm??? Not a hard decision to make at all in my book and im a huge UK fan. Congrats and best of luck to Lamar.
Congrats to Mr. Dawson and I wish him the best! Represent Ky well! IMHO, I truly believe he was UK's to lose until he played in the Army All-American game. He learned that he could perform at a high level being named to the all practice squads on a consistent basis and having a strong performance in the game. Again, Congrats to Mr. Dawson. Seize the opportunity!
Awsome for a kid to get the chance to follow his dreams. Congrats!!! Seemed to be the kind of football player that let his pads do the talking. The hit you in the mouth help you up and hit you the next play type. Gotta love a kid like that.

As for all the chicken little the sky is falling people on this and every other site. CHILL OUT!! UK football is still UK football. W or W/O this one player. You still play in the SEC and bubble screens and draws EVERYTIME you get in a 3rd and 7+ yard situation still isn't going to cut it with a good D or not. So lets be upset with something that can be controlled rather than getting upset for a kid making a decision.
Congrats Lamar,i wish you well hope you have a great injury free career,and make it to the NFL.im sorry to say i hate USC.I wish you would have stayed close to home.if not UK i would much rather have seen you go to UT than USC.good luck i hope all your dreams come true,and thanks for the memories wearing the BLACK AND GOLD.

Maybe no on is better than him. Did you ever think of that? :eyeroll:

It's not like the only thing they are going on is Lamar's performance vs. KY talent. He has shown his wares at combines and the All-American game. then USC really pushed to get him. Even with limited scholarships they wanted Lamar.

Take your bitterness and walk on down the hall please. :ChairHit:
Congrats to Lamar,he went were he wanting to go,nothing wrong with that,I wish him the best.
Hate to see a good recruit go through Kentucky's hands, but I wish him the best of luck over there. For the ones who are mad about put yourself in his shoes and really think about where you would have went with offers like that.
Good Luck Lamar. As well as you kept this secret, you should work for the CIA after you're finished in the NFL. Like most others, I've never been a USC fan but became one at 9:00 am this morning. You've made your choice, now Finish the Fight.
Former:

USC is cut on scholarships, this you know. With that USC has to be extremely careful who they give scholarships too because they can't afford to waste one on a kid that might not be talented enough to start for them one day. If they thought they would have to go out and recruit over him next year they wouldn't have offered it, it's not like they are hurting to get kids to come play for them. Why don't you go ahead and blame Jacob Tamme for Lamar not picking UK, he's from Boyle too and couldn't talk him into going there, give me a break :flush:. There is only so much Chuck can promise a kid before it becomes a joke. To be honest you'd have to shell out a lot of cash to get someone to choose UK over the likes of USC and Oregon. Then you would be mad at Chuck again for getting UK in trouble, atleast Chuck will run a clean recruiting campaigne. I'm a UK fan, am I calling for their heads? No, they are still just outside the top 25 recruiting class, pretty darn good for UK.
Wow, Don't know how well a Kentucky kid is going to make it in LA. BOL 2 him and his family, but he'll soon find out that the PAC11 (10,11,12...whatever they're going to) is not the SEC.
Congrats Dawson, was alittle surprised he picked USC over Oregon, but its a good choice. I never really thought UK had much of a chance landing him anyway.
toussaints Wrote:Congrats Dawson, was alittle surprised he picked USC over Oregon, but its a good choice. I never really thought UK had much of a chance landing him anyway.

Gotta think that an SEC school in his back yard had a chance, which is why I figured Tennessee or UK.

Surprised by USC....but bol.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Good Luck Lamar. As well as you kept this secret, you should work for the CIA after you're finished in the NFL. Like most others, I've never been a USC fan but became one at 9:00 am this morning. You've made your choice, now Finish the Fight.

since you have become a USC fan, maybe you can move out there with him. Please discard all UK stuff too. Give it to the homeless shelter, they need it more than you
If USC is his dream school, congrads.
Why is all Kentuckians talking Dodgers, Lakers and warm weather.
If you do not like the Bluegrass state, then move.
former Wrote:No he isnt, were they undefeated last year, how did he do at TN. he has a name from the pros and that is it.

Your right Monte mad his name in the NFL, what is every kids dream who signs with USC? You guessed it go to the NFL.
1) Monte Kiffin is the father of the Tampa 2 defense which is used by several NFL teams today.
2) 13 years as Tampa Bay DC his team ranked in the top 5 10 seasons in points and yeards allowed.
3) he's won a super bowl
as for his COLLEGE career he won 2 national championship at Nebraska.
He was DC at Arkansas under Lou Holtz for 3 seasons and led the NCAA in scoring defense, and also played in a BCS bowl in each of the 3 seasons.

Thats just a snapshot of the career of Monte Kiffin, good thing Lamar did more resource about the man than you did or maybe he would have been stuck in Lexington getting coach by Chuck Smith. I have NOTHING against Coach Smith one of the best KY high school coaches of all time but its really no decision when it comes down to it.
DDP5 Wrote:No, they are still just outside the top 25 recruiting class, pretty darn good for UK.

Where do you get that?

I've seen no better than #37 and currently we are sitting at #58 after Davis dropped the Big Blue for the Illini...

Regardless, we are 11th (possibly 12th in the SEC) when the day is over.

The coaching overhaul is suspect, I mean they get rid of a guy with multiple Super Bowl rings and hire a Cardinal (Nord) aka; Louisville recruiter and he completely BOMBS in the Bowl game with the special teams and now Davis is gone in his area as well. It woulnd't be as bad if UK fans weren't always given hope that the staff was over hauled for better recruiters and then this happens.

I don't blame him honestly for not picking UK, but the blame should fall on someone for the state that UK football is in that would allow LD not to pick UK in the first place. Whether it be Barnhardt, Todd, Phillips, etc. But that is another topic and something UK athletics should've known years ago.
Best of luck to this young man. Can you really blame him for choosing USC. Great football school and great weather. Plus they win.
former Wrote:since you have become a USC fan, maybe you can move out there with him. Please discard all UK stuff too. Give it to the homeless shelter, they need it more than you

Maybe you don't need to worry about me. I'm not interested in moving to CA., and I don't have any UK stuff to discard. I simply meant I will cheer for him at USC or anywhere else he chose to go. Grow up and quit whining. It's not about you.
3wishes Wrote:Where do you get that?

I've seen no better than #37 and currently we are sitting at #58 after Davis dropped the Big Blue for the Illini...

Regardless, we are 11th (possibly 12th in the SEC) when the day is over.

The coaching overhaul is suspect, I mean they get rid of a guy with multiple Super Bowl rings and hire a Cardinal (Nord) aka; Louisville recruiter and he completely BOMBS in the Bowl game with the special teams and now Davis is gone in his area as well. It woulnd't be as bad if UK fans weren't always given hope that the staff was over hauled for better recruiters and then this happens.

I don't blame him honestly for not picking UK, but the blame should fall on someone for the state that UK football is in that would allow LD not to pick UK in the first place. Whether it be Barnhardt, Todd, Phillips, etc. But that is another topic and something UK athletics should've known years ago.

Before today they were just outside the top 25 according to ESPN. I don't blame the current staff for the most part a lot of the coaches are new to the program within the last 5 years. If you really want to point the finger, it has to go back to the recruiting violations they suffered about 10 years ago when the program was on the upswing they took a huge hit and they had to start rebuilding. They have come a long way since then but the big thing to getting recruits is developing the ones you do get in. I do think that the head coach needs to play a bigger role in recruiting which from what I know Joker has done. Strong puts a pretty good amount of his effort into recruiting and doesn't take a back seat to his recruiting coaches and IMO is why UofL has gotten higher rated players this year.
I wish him nothing but the best. I really don't see him staying, for no reasonother than I don't think he will be happy. Joker and his staff have landed 2 of the top 4 recruites in the state and picked up several good out of state players. He has landed 1 4star and 15 3star. There have been many years we've had NO 4star and only a handful of 3star.
I am happy for Dawson and hopes he has a prosperous career and reaches all his goals. With that said I hope his team loses every game until Lane Kiffen is finally ran out of coaching. I will cheer for Dawson but I will never cheer for a Lane Kiffen team.
Did any of the top teams in the SEC show much interest in Dawson ?? Any offers from Bama, Fla etc..??
Bama and Florida both showed interest. Bama didn't offer and Florida did. They got dropped when Meyer resigned.