•  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Gets a BIG Transfer?
IDK. I can't say that about the Boys team.. There are some tough teams down in the state near lexington and louisville. I wouldn't count em' out, but I just can't say there are a lock to the final 4.

The girls are a different story however, lol.
Ballers Wrote:IDK. I can't say that about the Boys team.. There are some tough teams down in the state near lexington and louisville. I wouldn't count em' out, but I just can't say there are a lock to the final 4.

The girls are a different story however, lol.

I'd like to see it! The boys will have a good team with or without Jaysean, Just going to be on another level with him.
EastKyMx Wrote:I'd like to see it! The boys will have a good team with or without Jaysean, Just going to be on another level with him.

I truly believe that that level will get them to have an extremely good chance at making a deep run in the state tournament.
I heard that Rick Pitino was sending a scout down to watch him once the season starts.
^ Ive heard that as well.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:I heard that Rick Pitino was sending a scout down to watch him once the season starts.

really.......I knew the kid was good but wow, Good Luck Jaysean!!!!!!!
First time poster; I am a Western New Yorker who watched Jaysean and Jamestown play a quite a bit last season. Paige averaged 26 ppg and 8rpg last season. J'Town was ranked 11th in NYS, Paige doesn't have a player ranking in the state but was named to BCANY Top 50 players in the state for 2010-2011. He would have been amongst the top 10 scorers in the state; Maxpreps only lists stats if team coach enters it, therefore reason for discrepancy.
I don't know what to make of the transfer, and don't really care if he was recruited to play in Eastern Kentucky or not. As a former d1 player, I feel a player should do what they feel as best for themselves because you have limited time and opportunity to make something of that talent or begin working a normal 9 to 5 like most people do.
I hope he is ruled eligible to play so that he gets his first choice in what he hoped to do for the year.

Paige is a freakish athletic talent who benefited from uptempo system J'Town plays; His biggest asset right now imo is his ability to transition from offense to defense thus putting him infront of plays to finish. Also great catch and shoot player who will simply elevate over defender, and has alot of confidence.
The negatives are that he is not a 1 or 2, and seldom puts the ball on the floor for more than 2 dribbles when attacking. Doesn't create when facing up and leaks out way to much at times hoping for big finish.

Hopefully he spent the summer fixing those issues as well as getting qualified academically, because you can't help your team sitting next to coach.

Imo, high major athlete with low d1 game, and Kentucky and other high majors will come out to see him but will see same thing unless some massive improvement. Would have probably benefitted more from a true prep school to fine tune 2 position. Possession game new school supposedly plays may help him develop into a more complete player if he has put in the work on creating off the dribble.
EastKyMx Wrote:I personally cannot see Zaga not responding again but that is another subject. Jaysean will come down here and make a name for himself one way or another, It can be one in Basketball or it can be done other ways. I for one would rather see Perry Central get a great basketball player out of Jaysean than see him do something like not get ruled eligible because some people want to throw around accusations.

I can remember when I was going to Perry , The coaches and staff will do everything they can do showcase a players abilities and skill to schools. Just as much if not more than a Big Time New York school. Ive been researching Jamestown and To be honest, its another American High School. Odd enough us "Locals" can browse and find information and have enough common sense to put together a comparison of schools.

LET JAYSEAN PLAY BALL!! DON'T LIKE THAT HE IS GOING TO BE PLAYING BALL? TICKETS ARE USUALLY ONLY 6 DOLLARS. The best my meek mind can figure, that is 8.5 miles in a Taxi. Go watch the Nets play. You all got Carmelo now.

Zaga is pretty good about keeping stats on here, so were sure you will be checking back!

Confusedinglepar

IM pretty sure Melo plays for the knicks not the nets lol.
EastKyMx Wrote:I personally cannot see Zaga not responding again but that is another subject. Jaysean will come down here and make a name for himself one way or another, It can be one in Basketball or it can be done other ways. I for one would rather see Perry Central get a great basketball player out of Jaysean than see him do something like not get ruled eligible because some people want to throw around accusations.

I can remember when I was going to Perry , The coaches and staff will do everything they can do showcase a players abilities and skill to schools. Just as much if not more than a Big Time New York school. Ive been researching Jamestown and To be honest, its another American High School. Odd enough us "Locals" can browse and find information and have enough common sense to put together a comparison of schools.

LET JAYSEAN PLAY BALL!! DON'T LIKE THAT HE IS GOING TO BE PLAYING BALL? TICKETS ARE USUALLY ONLY 6 DOLLARS. The best my meek mind can figure, that is 8.5 miles in a Taxi. Go watch the Nets play. You all got Carmelo now.

Zaga is pretty good about keeping stats on here, so were sure you will be checking back!

Confusedinglepar

IM pretty sure Melo plays for the knicks not the nets lol.
Division1 Wrote:First time poster; I am a Western New Yorker who watched Jaysean and Jamestown play a quite a bit last season. Paige averaged 26 ppg and 8rpg last season. J'Town was ranked 11th in NYS, Paige doesn't have a player ranking in the state but was named to BCANY Top 50 players in the state for 2010-2011. He would have been amongst the top 10 scorers in the state; Maxpreps only lists stats if team coach enters it, therefore reason for discrepancy.
I don't know what to make of the transfer, and don't really care if he was recruited to play in Eastern Kentucky or not. As a former d1 player, I feel a player should do what they feel as best for themselves because you have limited time and opportunity to make something of that talent or begin working a normal 9 to 5 like most people do.
I hope he is ruled eligible to play so that he gets his first choice in what he hoped to do for the year.

Paige is a freakish athletic talent who benefited from uptempo system J'Town plays; His biggest asset right now imo is his ability to transition from offense to defense thus putting him infront of plays to finish. Also great catch and shoot player who will simply elevate over defender, and has alot of confidence.
The negatives are that he is not a 1 or 2, and seldom puts the ball on the floor for more than 2 dribbles when attacking. Doesn't create when facing up and leaks out way to much at times hoping for big finish.

Hopefully he spent the summer fixing those issues as well as getting qualified academically, because you can't help your team sitting next to coach.

Imo, high major athlete with low d1 game, and Kentucky and other high majors will come out to see him but will see same thing unless some massive improvement. Would have probably benefitted more from a true prep school to fine tune 2 position. Possession game new school supposedly plays may help him develop into a more complete player if he has put in the work on creating off the dribble.

Good post. But i do believe Perry Centrals Coach can help develop Jatsean further along.
dore20 Wrote:IM pretty sure Melo plays for the knicks not the nets lol.

Dang, Good call. :worthy:
Division1 Wrote:First time poster; I am a Western New Yorker who watched Jaysean and Jamestown play a quite a bit last season. Paige averaged 26 ppg and 8rpg last season. J'Town was ranked 11th in NYS, Paige doesn't have a player ranking in the state but was named to BCANY Top 50 players in the state for 2010-2011. He would have been amongst the top 10 scorers in the state; Maxpreps only lists stats if team coach enters it, therefore reason for discrepancy.

Great post!!! I couldnt agree with u more. I think this kid just turned 17 which would still give him time to develop. I call them late bloomers, i think this kids age is definitely on his side. From what i hear about him, lol i think the same as u do. I hope this kid gets to play. A kid like this in this area wont be able to go to McDonalds without someone asking for his autograph!!! He also has a great young point guard to go along with him. Should be some serious highlights in open court with those 2. Cant wait to watch them play this season.
If this kid is as good as everyone says he is then Perry County Central should win the region and make a run in the state tournament. The only problem with running very far once they get there is schools such as Eastern, LexCath, Scott County, etc, have 5 or 6 Jaysean's on their team.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:If this kid is as good as everyone says he is then Perry County Central should win the region and make a run in the state tournament. The only problem with running very far once they get there is schools such as Eastern, LexCath, Scott County, etc, have 5 or 6 Jaysean's on their team.

No disrepect but they aint 5 or 6 Jayseans in this state. Please believe this!!! They mayb some as athletic and some may do some things better, but not one player can do them both like he can. Trust me!! Ive been around the game along time.....
Or thats what i hear anyways.....
ballstar Wrote:No disrepect but they aint 5 or 6 Jayseans in this state. Please believe this!!! They mayb some as athletic and some may do some things better, but not one player can do them both like he can. Trust me!! Ive been around the game along time.....

No disrespect but Kentucky is loaded with D-1 talent. More so in the underclassmen than this years seniors. Here are some of them:

Jaylen Beckham 6-0 Sr PG Lexington Bryan Station
Jay Johnson 6-7 Sr PF Versailles Woodford Co.
Adam Wing 6-4 Sr WF Morehead Rowan Co.
Taylor Barnette 6-2 Sr 2G Lexington Christian
Tamron Manning 6-3 Sr SM Georgetown Scott Co.
Darryl Hicks 6-4 Jr SM Louisville Trinity
Derrick Willis 6-8 Jr SM Mt. Washington Bullitt East
D'Angelo Russell 6-3 So CG Louisville Central
Quinton Snider 5-11 So CG Louisville Ballard
Brandon Hatton 6-2 So 2G Ft. Mitchell Dixie Heights
Justin Johnson 6-6 So CF Inez Sheldon Clark
Jackson Davis 6-8 So C-F Lexington Lafayette
Larry Morton 6-3 Jr 2G Lexington Bryan Station
Darius Brown 6-4 Jr SM Paducah Tilghman
Dominique Hawkins 6-0 Jr CG Richmond Madison Central
Shane Hall 6-8 So F-C Paintsville Johnson Central
ballstar Wrote:No disrepect but they aint 5 or 6 Jayseans in this state. Please believe this!!! They mayb some as athletic and some may do some things better, but not one player can do them both like he can. Trust me!! Ive been around the game along time.....

Well, I'll wait to see him play to see if what you say is accurate.

The 14th hasn't had many major D-1 players over the years. Johnny Cox of Hazard in 1955 went on to star at UK. Jim Rose of Hazard (1965-66) went on to star at WKU and help them make it to the Final Four in 1971. Lee County's Larry Stamper (1968) played at UK, and started one year, and played under Rupp, and later Hall. Carr Creek's Glen Combs played in the old ABA for several years.

We've had several mid-major D-1 players that were good---Breathitt's Cecil Clair (1961) went on to play at Morehead State; Breathitt's Arch Johnson (1971) also starred for Morehead. Breathitt's Larry Noble (1967) starred at Austin Peay; MC Napier's Denny Fugate (early 1970's) played for EKU. MC Napier's Glen Napier (1977) was a great shooter for Morehead. Knott's Herbie Stamper (1975) was a star for Morehead. I'm sure there many more in this category.

But as far as major D-1, the 14th hasn't had very many on that list. Maybe Jaysean will be the next major D-1 from the 14th. We'll see. I hear Pitino already has scheduled to watch him play this year.
Aslan Wrote:Ben Bowling had D-1 talent.

D-1 Talent, Just no Determination.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Well, I'll wait to see him play to see if what you say is accurate.

The 14th hasn't had many major D-1 players over the years. Johnny Cox of Hazard in 1955 went on to star at UK. Jim Rose of Hazard (1965-66) went on to star at WKU and help them make it to the Final Four in 1971. Lee County's Larry Stamper (1968) played at UK, and started one year, and played under Rupp, and later Hall. Carr Creek's Glen Combs played in the old ABA for several years.

We've had several mid-major D-1 players that were good---Breathitt's Cecil Clair (1961) went on to play at Morehead State; Breathitt's Arch Johnson (1971) also starred for Morehead. Breathitt's Larry Noble (1967) starred at Austin Peay; MC Napier's Denny Fugate (early 1970's) played for EKU. MC Napier's Glen Napier (1977) was a great shooter for Morehead. Knott's Herbie Stamper (1975) was a star for Morehead. I'm sure there many more in this category.

But as far as major D-1, the 14th hasn't had very many on that list. Maybe Jaysean will be the next major D-1 from the 14th. We'll see. I hear Pitino already has scheduled to watch him play this year.

Nanook i agree with you on all this stuff. Please believe me when i say u havent seen the likes of an athlete like this in ur lifetime. This kid has been a total injustice where he has played in high school b4. This kid is a latebloomer that has the talent of a top 100 player in the country. Im not saying he will play at UK but has all the abilities too. He needs to get a true pull up jumper and a couple other things and he is ready. This kid is the MOST ATHLETIC kid ive EVER seen in this region, PERIOD!!! Its not close, because all the other kids that r close to him athletically cant shoot or handle. This kid is the real deal.
Does this kid got the grades..? i heard his GPA was a 1.7
MIA30 Wrote:Does this kid got the grades..? i heard his GPA was a 1.7

no way his GPA is that low
What i heard...thats the big reason he isnt able to play right now.
Any word on him being eligible?...practice starts in about 10 days.
This is getting ridiculous!

:drooling:
Finally got to see the young man play.
Seen some bad, seen some good.
Very strong, he had a lot of offensive foul calls on him in the league.
Can shoot in transition, ball handling is pretty good, can jump out of the gym, I did notice he does let the calls get to his head. Definitely lacks a little maturity, but if it's needed I'm sure that's something Hatcher can help with.
Ballers Wrote:Finally got to see the young man play.
Seen some bad, seen some good.
Very strong, he had a lot of offensive foul calls on him in the league.
Can shoot in transition, ball handling is pretty good, can jump out of the gym, I did notice he does let the calls get to his head. Definitely lacks a little maturity, but if it's needed I'm sure that's something Hatcher can help with.

homeplace leauge? lol those refs are worse than no call donnie hall!haha
Good enough to take Perry back to state?
MIA30 Wrote:Good enough to take Perry back to state?

I wouldn't even second guess that.
With Jaysean, they will indeed be making another trip to Rupp this season.
Without him - Still a very mild shot at going back.
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:homeplace leauge? lol those refs are worse than no call donnie hall!haha

Tim Caldwell is probably one of the best refs I have ever seen.
He takes pride in his job, and delivers the best calls I have seen - and he refs down there.
  •  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next