Poll: Who takes this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County Bobcats
46.77%
Boyle County Rebels
53.23%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County @ Boyle County 11/27
Davenport playing both ways could be a factor in the 4th quarter but I doubt it since he is in such great shape. Both these teams have posted amazing results on defense. This will be a game where the punters will help decide the outcome of the contest. Great punts will keep the field long. Bell has a solid punter - not sure about Boyle.

The other factor that will be huge in this game is kick off and extra points. This is a place where Bell is decidedly weaker than they were last year. Hilton does a good job but has missed extra points (2 in a row against LC) and their kick off is inconsistent. Of course, last year they had the greatest kicker to play football in Kentucky so you had to expect less. Still, this weakness may be their undoing if the contest is as close as most think it will be.

But I really think they will find a way to make touchdowns, not extra points, the margin of difference in this game. That power offense will rip some seams in the best defense to this point in the state.

Go Bobcats!
Football1 Wrote:Davenport playing both ways could be a factor in the 4th quarter but I doubt it since he is in such great shape. Both these teams have posted amazing results on defense. This will be a game where the punters will help decide the outcome of the contest. Great punts will keep the field long. Bell has a solid punter - not sure about Boyle.

The other factor that will be huge in this game is kick off and extra points. This is a place where Bell is decidedly weaker than they were last year. Hilton does a good job but has missed extra points (2 in a row against LC) and their kick off is inconsistent. Of course, last year they had the greatest kicker to play football in Kentucky so you had to expect less. Still, this weakness may be their undoing if the contest is as close as most think it will be.

But I really think they will find a way to make touchdowns, not extra points, the margin of difference in this game. That power offense will rip some seams in the best defense to this point in the state.

Go Bobcats!

RB Cory Davenport only plays 1 way, his brother Cody plays both ways. Offense only. Now kicking pat's Hilton usually kicks them pretty good. Now he can kick a 33 yard FG like he did against Greenup Co.
Boyle Co has 27 Seniors
Bell Co has 7 Seniors
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:MacSharra is the leading receiver as a RB. IMO thats sad when your RB is the leading receiver.

We're not sad, why should you be? :biggrin:
Rebel55 Wrote:We're not sad, why should you be? :biggrin:

Now come on Rebel. I was saying when your RB is your leading receiver thats sad. Bells leading receiver is a true WR with 601 yards receiving. Thats all I meant about that quote. MacSharra isnt sad as a player.
Rebel is this your Oline.

#75 6'0 190
#69 6'1 190
#76 C 5'11 195
#59 5'10 190
#74 6'2 235
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Now come on Rebel. I was saying when your RB is your leading receiver thats sad. Bells leading receiver is a true WR with 601 yards receiving. Thats all I meant about that quote. MacSharra isnt sad as a player.

I'm curious about all this talk about a "TRUE WR."

Does this mean there are "false WR's?"

Is there a text in the Bible that says, "And in those days beware that false wide receivers will try to lure you away . . ." :biggrin:

So, because Jacob Tamme was really around 6'4" and UK made a TE out of him, does that mean he was a "false WR?"

When Randall Cobb plays QB at UK, does that make him a "false QB?" since in fact he's a WR?

Just funnin' with you. :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Now come on Rebel. I was saying when your RB is your leading receiver thats sad. Bells leading receiver is a true WR with 601 yards receiving. Thats all I meant about that quote. MacSharra isnt sad as a player.

:biggrin: I know. I was just having some fun. I will tell you that we have not had any reason to pass the ball this year. Nobody has been able to stop Rees yet. Untill then, It's a mystery as to what may happen.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Rebel is this your Oline.

#75 6'0 190
#69 6'1 190
#76 C 5'11 195
#59 5'10 190
#74 6'2 235

That looks about right. How in the world can those small guys block anybody? I hope we can keep the score respectable this Friday.

(again just having fun with ya BCBC09)
Hatz Wrote:I'm curious about all this talk about a "TRUE WR."

Is there a text in the Bible that says, "And in those days beware that false wide receivers will try to lure you away . . ." :biggrin:

So, because Jacob Tamme was really around 6'4" and UK made a TE out of him, does that mean he was a "false WR?"

When Randall Cobb plays QB at UK, does that make him a "false QB?" since in fact he's a WR?

I know Hatz. Im cool with it. Trying not to make it sound like he isnt a great player just trying to make a point. Mac is a GREAT player and I respect him ALOT..
Rebel55 Wrote:That looks about right. How in the world can those small guys block anybody? I hope we can keep the score respectable this Friday. (again just having fun with ya BCBC09)

To be honest, I'm just happy we won this many games and played all of those "losing teams." :Clap:

(tongue, planted firmly in cheek)
Rebel55 Wrote:That looks about right. How in the world can those small guys block anybody? I hope we can keep the score respectable this Friday.

(again just having fun with ya BCBC09)

Thanks. Im just curious the size of what we will be against on Fri. Those boys have done a GREAT job blocking this year considering how small they are. The height is fine but the weight is throwing me off for a Oline. Those sizes are like WR size. 190, 190, 195, 190, 235, 180. I know ours is around 310, 260, 240, 230, 240. Thats a Huge difference between the two. The 310 lb guy is a out 6'4 guy.
Hatz Wrote:I'm curious about all this talk about a "TRUE WR."

The True WR part is we have players that only play that part on offense. Our RB's just play RB position only.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I need help from a Boyle Co fan? The game against Lafayette did Mac get hurt in that game? It shows 12 attempts 103 yards and 0 TD's. The 0 TD's is throwing me for a loop. It shows Goldsmith had 301 yards passing and 3 TD's that game. You guys beat them pretty badly.

You are right, he did have 103 Yards in 4 Q. Boyle pulled the Starter mid to the end of the 3rd Q. And yes you do have 200 more total yards than Boyle. But 200 Yards is not a lot of yards in a season

Cath. is the only team that has had a running back get 100 yards on Boyle's starting defense. The 1st game against them he had 13 yards rushing. Not saying the Resee will, but if he had only 31 yards against Bell last year than maybe he may gets more this year.
Well to all the Boyle Co fans from the way Bell Co is talking we shouldn't even show up Friday night because they have some kids that don't play both ways and some of there kids are bigger than us (oh no) keep the bus warmed up Bell Co it's going to be a long ride home.
TrueRebel88 Wrote:You are right, he did have 103 Yards in 4 Q. Boyle pulled the Starter mid to the end of the 3rd Q. And yes you do have 200 more total yards than Boyle. But 200 Yards is not a lot of yards in a season

Cath. is the only team that has had a running back get 100 yards on Boyle's starting defense. The 1st game against them he had 13 yards rushing. Not saying the Resee will, but if he had only 31 yards against Bell last year than maybe he may gets more this year.

Thanks. Yea 200 yards isnt much but it shocked myself that we had more yards than you guys. I really thought you guys would had.
Throw all these stats out the window come Friday night it will be smashmouth football.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:MacSharra is the leading receiver as a RB. IMO thats sad when your RB is the leading receiver.

Bottom line Bell Co has 230 more total offensive yards than Boyle Co on the year. Bell Co plays as a team and not a 2 man show. Bell has 6 guys that can make BIG PLAYS!!

Where are you getting stats to show Bell has 230 more yards than Boyle? KHSAA website game-by-game breakdown shows Boyle with almost 600 more than Bell? Boyle around 5400 and Bell around 4800.
backinblack2003 Wrote:Where are you getting stats to show Bell has 230 more yards than Boyle? KHSAA website game-by-game breakdown shows Boyle with almost 600 more than Bell? Boyle around 5400 and Bell around 4800.

Go to the KHSAA schedules. On both schools click the stats part of it. Take the total rushing yards and total passing yards and add them together and that will give you the total I have. What your looking at could have ko return yardage and punt return yardage. Im talking yardage from the line of scrimmage.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Go to the KHSAA schedules. On both schools click the stats part of it. Take the total rushing yards and total passing yards and add them together and that will give you the total I have. What your looking at could have ko return yardage and punt return yardage. Im talking yardage from the line of scrimmage.

I went game-by-game and added total rushing and total passing yards and Boyle has almost 600 more than Bell.
backinblack2003 Wrote:Where are you getting stats to show Bell has 230 more yards than Boyle? KHSAA website game-by-game breakdown shows Boyle with almost 600 more than Bell? Boyle around 5400 and Bell around 4800.

Here you go:

Bell Co
Total rushing yards 3,455
Total passing yards 1,340
Total 4,795

Boyle Co
Total rushing yards 3,227
Total passing yards 1,301
Total 4,528
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Go to the KHSAA schedules. On both schools click the stats part of it. Take the total rushing yards and total passing yards and add them together and that will give you the total I have. What your looking at could have ko return yardage and punt return yardage. Im talking yardage from the line of scrimmage.

Go to the 4A stat leaders page and Boyle is almost 1,000 yards ahead. Granted Boyle has 11 games posted and Bell 10. Adding Boyle last 2 games and Bell last 3 Boyle is almost at 5400 and Bell almost 4800.
Boyle Co
Team Total Stats
(Year-to-date - Include all games played)
13 - 0 Record (wins - losses)
587 Points Scored
91 Points Allowed
3227 Total Rushing Yards
608 Total Rushing Yards Allowed
1301 Total Passing Yards
801 Total Passing Yards Allo
Bell Co

Team Total Stats
(Year-to-date - Include all games played)
12 - 1 Record (wins - losses)
541 Points Scored
115 Points Allowed
3455 Total Rushing Yards
1920 Total Rushing Yards Allowed
1340 Total Passing Yards
910 Total Passing Yards Allowed
Bell Co rushing

Rushing
Jersey Player Games
Played Rush
Attempts Net
Yards
Rushing Touchdowns
Scored
Rushing
23 Cory Davenport 13 185 1770 29
22 Tayor Mills 13 34 338 2
15 Ryan Collett 10 30 200 3
7 Matt Raines 8 19 117 3
14 John Dudley Hilton 13 68 521 9
5 Dominic Carton 5 13 137 3
25 Jonathon Polly 4 12 96 2
10 Ben Madon 13 45 188
Boyle Co rushing

Rushing
Jersey Player Games
Played Rush
Attempts Net
Yards
Rushing Touchdowns
Scored
Rushing
02 Rees MacShara 13 204 2684 41
12 Boone Goldsmith 13 41 156 9
05 Lamar Dawson 13 39 317 2
31 Chris Cook 13 29 127 4
41 Zach Hester 13 37 314 5
44 Devon Cox 13 10 94 1
06 Jarred Harrington 13 2 26 1
39 Jesse Mattingly 3 3 37 0
28 Alec Camden 2 6 40 1
14 Devan Hale 11 2 12 1
15 Logan Tritapoe 13 1 7 0
All of mine are up to date stats.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Here you go:

Bell Co
Total rushing yards 3,455
Total passing yards 1,340
Total 4,795

Boyle Co
Total rushing yards 3,227
Total passing yards 1,301
Total 4,528

This is only Boyle thru 11 games. Add the last 2 and they are at 5,380 yards. Bells total is correct at 4,795 thru all 13 games.
Boyle Co
Team Total Stats
[COLOR="Blue"](Year-to-date - Include all games played)
13 - 0 Record (wins - losses) [/COLOR]

587 Points Scored
91 Points Allowed
3227 Total Rushing Yards
1301 Total Passing Yards

It was updated Nov 22nd and the above says for 13 games played.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Boyle Co
Team Total Stats
[COLOR="Blue"](Year-to-date - Include all games played)
13 - 0 Record (wins - losses) [/COLOR]

587 Points Scored
91 Points Allowed
3227 Total Rushing Yards
1301 Total Passing Yards

It was updated Nov 22nd and the above says for 13 games played.

Do me a favor and go thru Boyle Co. game-by-game and add up their total rush and total pass yards and I bet you it comes up to 5,380 yards. They are only showing on the total stats page thru 11 games for some reason. Bell Co. is correct at 4,795. Trust me, I went thru and added both teams stats on a game-by-game basis.
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next