•  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Recruits
4* LB James Hearns is the newest Wildcat.
Just saw it is being reported Kentucky got commitments from Hearns and Marcus Mcwilson
If true that's pretty awesome.
FBALL Wrote:If true that's pretty awesome.

It was on wildcatnation.com
Yall probably won't believe me but my friend is friends with a UK football player that says we have 4 4 stars already for sure they are just waiting for nsd to commit. The unknown UK football player also said that he expects us to get a few other 4 stars too. He says that both Alexander and Hatcher are just waiting till nsd but they WILL commit.
[Image:

]
also Heard that we are likely to land Marcus mcwilson..
[Image:

]
McWilson has NOT committed yet but it is very likely that he does.

LeeCoUKFan what's the latest on Rivals? I hear UK might get some more good news tomorrow
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:Yall probably won't believe me but my friend is friends with a UK football player that says we have 4 4 stars already for sure they are just waiting for nsd to commit. The unknown UK football player also said that he expects us to get a few other 4 stars too. He says that both Alexander and Hatcher are just waiting till nsd but they WILL commit.

I hope so.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Unfortunately, you are correct.

Lovell Peterson @Lovellp1994 I became a gvsu laker yesterday. #tracklife #gvsu

What the flip happened hear?? Grand Valley State....really?? I think it must be a grade issue, has to be with this. With offers from UK, Illinois, & WVU, why else would he pick GVSU?? Something just doesn't seem right with a high rated 3 star recruit.

So is Hearns official yet or not??
The Blue Blur Wrote:What the flip happened hear?? Grand Valley State....really?? I think it must be a grade issue, has to be with this. With offers from UK, Illinois, & WVU, why else would he pick GVSU?? Something just doesn't seem right with a high rated 3 star recruit.

http://wildcatbluenation.com/2013/01/26/...-kentucky/

IDK if this counts as "official" but I found this.
[Image:

]
The Blue Blur Wrote:What the flip happened hear?? Grand Valley State....really?? I think it must be a grade issue, has to be with this. With offers from UK, Illinois, & WVU, why else would he pick GVSU?? Something just doesn't seem right with a high rated 3 star recruit.

Tomorrow I do believe.
According to Rivals, Peterson's offer was pulled. I'm not sure why, don't know if this was post decommitment decision or what.

With the decommitment of Peterson, & Hearns not being official yet, UK has dropped below Louisivlle in Rivals rankings. We now sit at 63rd. My how we've dropped from 37th to 63rd, unreal really. So we now only have 15 commitments, that allots us 10.
I think we will be fine when all is said and done.
McCameraMan Wrote:I think we will be fine when all is said and done.

I'm not worried, I trust that our staff knows what they're doing. I'm sure they're just making room, & they know things we don't. Since supposedly, Peterson was to play DT maybe they know something about Senat or Jarran Reed that we don't. I also think, the other position plays at center will be filled with David Maka.

Any body know if Taj Williams was on campus this weekend??
Yeah I think if we knew what they knew no one would be worried lol. But what's the fun in that?! Haha
Former UK commit DeAngelo Yancey, has committed to Purdue.
Marcus McWilson has officially decommitted from Nebraska this morning, said he's doing what's best for him. Looking good for the Cats.
Hearns tweeted that he has not committed to UK but that they are his leader.
Jeff Badet said he was down from UK, UCLA & Wisconsin. If he's a package deal with Woulard, looks like UK & UCLA are sitting comfortably. Badet is scheduled to visit UCLA next weekend.
I cant wait till NSD...
J.Rowland ‏@RowlandRIVALS Near 4-star RB JoJo Kemp has made his college decision. He won't be going public with it until Friday at the earliest. #UK #WVU #Pitt #USF
Apparently McWilson and Hearns have verbally committed.
McWilson and Hytche (UK Commit from Ohio) tweeted McWilson "what me and you talked about, lets make it happen"
Stoops to visit Drew Barker & Cameron Fogle from Conner.

3* LB Keith Kelsey to announce tomorrow between UK, Louisville & USF.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Stoops to visit Drew Barker & Cameron Fogle from Conner.

3* LB Keith Kelsey to announce tomorrow between UK, Louisville & USF.

what recruiting class is Fogle? I know Baker is presently a junior.
redhound93 Wrote:what recruiting class is Fogle? I know Baker is presently a junior.

He's a senior, I previously thought he was a junior. Prefer walk on spot, maybe??
McWilson visits UK, backs out of Nebraska commitment
Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

Marcus McWilson has officially backed out of his verbal commitment to Nebraska and after his official visit to Lexington he said Kentucky leads.

What many suspected is apparently coming to pass: McWilson, a four-star safety from Youngstown (Ohio) Cardinal Mooney, appears to be close to signing with Kentucky.

It's not a done deal yet but things are certainly trending in that direction.

"I just told the coaches up at Nebraska," McWilson said. "I called them up and officially de-committed. I'm kind of open right now but I am leaning towards Kentucky.

"I loved my official out there. I was able to compare Nebraska to another school and I was able to see what else is out there. I met more coaches and more players, and I got to do what I wanted to do on my time."

Assistant coach Vince Marrow has had a lot to do with McWilson's interest in Kentucky. All the rest of the coaches made their mark this weekend.

"Coach (Mark) Stoops is a real big family guy as well," he said. "He's a big Mooney guy. He told me to make sure I do it the right way. I told him I was going to de-commit from Nebraska. He just said to make sure I make the decision that's best for me and my family so I'll be happy in the end.

"Coach (D.J.) Eliot is a real cool guy. I like him a lot, too. The two DB coaches, (Bradley Dale) Peveto and (Derrick) Ansley, are two great guys. I've connected with them real well. They're fun to talk to and they were nice. Coach (Jimmy) Brumbaugh is a real cool guy, too. I beat him in pool up in the player's lounge."

McWilson said he spent time with James Hearns, Keith Kelsey, Ryan Timmons and Jason Hatcher, all of whom visited as well.

"I think the recruiting class is going to be really good," he said. "Everybody's excited about the new coaching staff. The people here all love the football team and want them to succeed. They're getting on top of it. That's what they're here to do."

The four-star safety said he should be ready to announce his final decision around the time of his next in-home visit with Kentucky, which should happen later this week.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1465008
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Hearns hasn't commmitted, but Cats in front
Justin Rowland

Contrary to the internet rumor mill, which was working overtime this weekend, four-star linebacker James Hearns has not committed to Kentucky.

Yet, at least.

But make no mistake about it: If Hearns had to choose today, Kentucky would likely be happy with his decision. The Wildcats just now have to hold their breath, possibly until Signing Day.

"It might go down to Signing Day," Hearns said. "But Kentucky is in the lead. I loved the trip. I loved the coaching staff and what they're trying to do.

"The program hasn't had a lot of recent success so they're trying to turn it around. There's a chance to come in and make history."

Turning the program around was a main theme that Mark Stoops touched on. That resonated with the Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln prospect.

"He said it starts with bringing in good players and guys that can come in and make an early impact," he said. "He talked about wanting me to be that beast in the middle of the defense in the SEC for them."

Did Hearns think about committing?

"I definitely contemplated it," he said. "At the same time I still wanted to get back home and consult my parents and my family.

"My family is all for it. They don't know too much about Kentucky football but they definitely know coach Stoops. He's my hometown recruiter from Florida State and he's been in and out of the school a lot. I got to know him well and (his family) would be all for it."

Stoops has already had an in-home visit with Hearns.

Academically, according to Hearns, everything is okay and good to go.

"Academically everything is fine. I've got good people at Lincoln in my corner so there are no worries about that. It looks like I'll be good to go," he said.

When asked what other schools are in the mix Hearns mentioned Auburn, Louisville, Florida State, South Carolina, USF and Houston as the other schools that have been in contact with him recently.

Auburn is recruiting him as a tight end. Hearns said that's not necessarily a negative but it's something to consider. There were rumors Hearns might be taking an official to Louisville before Signing Day but he told Cats Illustrated that he's not sure if he will do that.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1465061
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kentucky has competition for wide receiver Badet
Justin Rowland

It appeared as though Jeff Badet was getting close to making his decision. Now it's not so clear.

Badet has been saying for weeks that Kentucky is slightly ahead of the rest of the field. When Cats Illustrated exchanged text messages with him on Sunday around noon he confirmed that Kentucky is still his favorite.

However, now the Wildcats have a bit more competition. It's not coming from Clemson, N.C. State, Iowa State or the usual suspects. It's from a Pac-12 upstart that has been one of the biggest surprises on the recruiting scene this year: UCLA.

Badet announced on Sunday that he had picked up a late offer from the Bruins, who are also recruiting his friend and quarterback Asiantii Woulard.

Woulard is likely to choose between Clemson and UCLA but Badet has a slightly different list of finalists.

"Kentucky, UCLA and Wisconsin," Badet sent via text message when asked for his finalists.

While Kentucky leads the Bruins have a chance to make a late impression. He's clearly excited about the offer and has high expectations going into his cross-country flight.

"Just seeing what the chances of me playing early (are)," he said. "And (looking into the) academics."

The trip will clearly have to be a game-changer for the Bruins to make up all the ground they need to on Kentucky, which has made a strong pitch based on playing time and the offense that coordinator Neal Brown will bring in from Texas Tech.

Badet has become one of Kentucky's most important recruits because of the need at wide receiver.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1465238
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Keith Kelsey has committed to Louisville.

Alex Montgomery to announce sometime today...

I was told something about Jojo Kemp. RB Stafon McCray, chose USF and had this to say "Kentucky has their Running Back. They didn't want me anymore." So take it as you want..
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next