• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Recruits
Any news on recruiting today?
[Image:

]
Dawkins hoping for UK offer as he looks elsewhere

Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

Dalyn Dawkins would be happy if Kentucky offered him a scholarship as the recruiting process winds down but he's not putting all his eggs in one basket.

In fact, he told Cats Illustrated this week that an offer from Kentucky would not guarantee a commitment.

"If they do offer me it doesn't mean I'm just going to go there," he said with a laugh.

But the Trinity all-purpose back would be interested. There's no doubting that.

Offensive coordinator Neal Brown stopped by the Louisville school last week and candidly discussed the running back situation in Lexington. He told Dawkins that UK would probably just be taking one running back from the Class of 2013.

The Wildcats are obviously enamored with Jojo Kemp, the near four-star Florida running back that has not made a decision.

"(Brown) was just letting me know what's going on," Dawkins said. "I speak with him quite often. The last time we spoke he basically just said the same thing. It's good to talk to him."

Dawkins is covering all his bases while UK continues to play the waiting game. He took an official visit to Colorado State this past weekend and said he could definitely see himself with the Rams.

He will take an official visit to Western Kentucky this weekend and Purdue next weekend.

"I'll be signing on February 6," Dawkins said.

The three-star prospect, ranked the No. 9 player in Kentucky, said he has not visited UK since Mark Stoops and his new staff took over.

He did say that he has spoken with Jason Hatcher about his decision to de-commit from USC.

"Just a little bit," he said. "He just didn't like the distance."

Dawkins added that he wouldn't be against landing at the same school as Hatcher but also said there's no talk of a package deal.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1463968
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Cats in the hunt as Hearns backs out of UF commit

Justin Rowland

How quickly things change, especially when we're getting closer to National Signing Day.

Just a few days ago James Hearns was unknown to most Kentucky fans.

Early Thursday evening news broke that Hearns had backed out of his verbal commitment to Florida.

The four-star linebacker had already been scheduled to take an official visit to Kentucky. So what's the story?

"It just happened today," Hearns said on Thursday. "I'll just try something else. I've been working on qualifying and I'm in the process of it. Florida said they didn't want to wait much longer. Other schools had something to do (the decision to de-commit)."

When asked how much work Hearns has to do in the classroom he indicated that there isn't much he needs to do.

"I just have to finish two classes," he said. "Just a math class and Spanish II."

Grades are something Hearns has discussed candidly with Kentucky head coach Mark Stoops.

"He said he would work with me as long as I keep progressing and qualify by the end of the school year," he said. "I can sign with them (on Signing Day). I just have to get my grades right to go there."

The 6-foot-3, 230-pound senior from Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln is the No. 197 prospect in the nation, and the No. 7 middle linebacker. Stoops is one of the big reasons Hearns is so drawn to Kentucky, and he admits it's very possible he could commit this weekend.

"I would say they're my favorite," Hearns said. "There's definitely a chance I'll commit this weekend because of Coach Stoops there."

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1464135
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Adeosun draws late attention from OU, Purdue, UK

Justin Rowland

George Adeosun managed to stay out of the spotlight for most of the recruiting process. It's not like that was his intent.

It just happened that his name surfaced after he took an official visit to Virginia over the weekend. That trip went well and in the aftermath of the visit the 6-foot-5, 305-pound lineman listed Virginia and William & Mary as his favorites.

Then, all of the sudden, everything changed. Adeosun won't say it like that. In fact, he told Cats Illustrated that he's not sure anything has changed. He still likes Virginia and he still likes William & Mary. He could end up at either school.

But when Oklahoma, Kentucky and Purdue give you your second, third and fourth BCS offers in a span of just a few hours, things have changed. Especially this close to Signing Day.

"I have some research to do," Adeosun said. "All of the coaches were very adamant about how good their schools are and what they want to achieve in the future as far as me being a part of their program."

Adeosun has already taken official visits to Virginia, William & Mary and Holy Cross. He plans to visit Oklahoma this weekend, leaving him with one remaining visit, and he plan on letting any go to waste.

"Most likely, yes, I'll take the rest of my visits," he said. "I promised myself at the beginning of all this that if the opportunity comes I'll grasp it by the horns. I intend to take all five visits."

With Signing Day rapidly approaching Adeosun knows he will have to move fast. He should know very soon what he will do with his remaining visit. He's intent on not letting his recruitment drag on beyond Signing Day.

Oklahoma is obviously a big name in the college football world, but Adeosun cautioned not to read too much into that.

"I'm looking at everything from my own state of mind," he said. "I'm taking the topics that I find to be the best fit for me and I'm ranking each school based on these categories. At the end it's going to be the best one for me. Not necessarily the biggest school. Maybe not even necessarily the biggest academic school."

The Alpharetta (Ga.) lineman has had limited contact with Kentucky but he's anxious to hear more of what the Wildcats have to say.

"They're looking to achieve," he said. "They have a new staff. I guess they've shared my information with their coach."

Adeosun said neither of his two remaining officials "are locked in" but he also noted that he will likely finalize those visit plans very soon.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1463965
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Four-star safety McWilson set to visit Kentucky

Justin Rowland

Marcus McWilson has been the subject of plenty of rumors and lots of internet chatter in recent weeks. On Wednesday he went on the record with CatsIllustrated.com and explained his decision to officially visit Kentucky this weekend.

The 6-foot, 195-pound safety from Youngstown (Ohio) Cardinal Mooney is a Rivals250 prospect, the No. 195 overall recruit in the nation, and the No. 10 player in Ohio according to Rivals.com. He's rated higher than any other Kentucky commitment besides the recently-enrolled Za'Darius Smith.

This weekend Kentucky makes their case. McWilson will begin his journey south to Lexington on Thursday but his official visit will not begin until Friday. He stays through part of Sunday before returning home. That's when he will sit down and discuss his options.

"I'm not really leaning towards either [Kentucky or Nebraska] but I'll just see what happens," McWilson said. "When I get back from my official I'm going to sit down with my mom, dad and coach and look at the pros and cons of each school. If it's Nebraska, it's Nebraska. If it's Kentucky, it's Kentucky.

"Right now I'd say I would be up in the air. I definitely want to be open to new things. I want to make a good decision, not for other people but for me."

Rumors of Kentucky's recruitment of McWilson surfaced recently and Nebraska's coaches worked overtime to solidify their standing with McWilson. The Cornhuskers had a recent in-home visit with their four-star commit. Kentucky assistant coach Vince Marrow has also stopped by.

Kentucky's appeal to McWilson is three-fold: Mark Stoops, Marrow and the Southeastern Conference.

Stoops and Marrow played at Cardinal Mooney High School together.

"I talked to coach Stoops sometime last week, I want to say on Friday," McWilson said. "He was definitely excited about me coming out there and taking an official and he wants to have an in-home [visit] with me soon so we can sit down and talk.

"Coach Marrow is a great guy. He's a real straight-forward guy. He's going to tell me like it is straight up. He won't B.S. me or beat around the bush, which is definitely nice. He's been a real good family friend. I've known him for a while and he and my dad go way back. He's someone I can trust and count on.

"As for Kentucky, I feel like the opportunity to play in the SEC would definitely be great. I feel like they're building something pretty good. I just want to see where [the visit] leads me."

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1463520
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cats eye under-the-radar linebacker Worthy

Justin Rowland

Blake Worthy is hoping to get some good news late in the recruiting process from the Kentucky coaching staff. If an offer comes, Worthy could jump on it.

Linebacker is a position that could use a talent upgrade but there aren't quite as many names on the radar at that position as there are at others.

Worthy, a 6-foot-2, 210-pound two-star prospect from Gadsden (Ala.), has been in touch with a couple of new UK coaches.

"I've talked to coach (Tommy) Mainord the receivers coach and coach (Derrick) Ansley," Worthy said. "(Ansley) and the defensive coordinator are supposed to come by here in a couple of weeks."

No offer has been extended yet but the coaches have made it clear that Worthy has been evaluated and is on the radar.

"(Ansley) said he was going to get back with the defensive coordinator about me," he said. "They got on me late. I had talked to the old staff. I know they had a meeting Saturday. They were supposed to call me after that."

Worthy is pretty familiar with Kentucky even though this new staff is, well, new to him.

He attended the UK-Georgia game and the previous staff showed him around the campus.

"I liked it up there," he recalled. "My cousin, Daryl Collins, plays up there. I would be good to go if they offered me."

Worthy is planning to take an official visit to Southern and he has also been in contact with South Carolina, Southern Miss and Memphis.

Last fall he picked off two passes and scored one touchdown for Gadsden City.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1463369
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Junior linebacker takes second UK visit

Justin Rowland

Most of the focus this past weekend was on the official visitors that were at Kentucky, but one talented junior linebacker quietly made his way south to Lexington as well.

That would be Dorian Hendrix, a 6-foot-1, 215-pound linebacker from Huber Heights (Ohio) Wayne, the school that Lovell Peterson, a recent UK commit, calls home.

Hendrix and Peterson visited Kentucky for a camp over the summer and the two have a very good relationship that dates back to youth football. The presence of Peterson on the UK roster next year will only help the Wildcats' chances.

"He was a grade above me but we had a chance to watch each other and we always talked," Hendrix said of Peterson. "Me and Lovell are cool. Of course played defense together this year."

Hendrix's unofficial to Kentucky this past weekend was his second trip to Lexington.

"I noticed the new staff is more personable," he said. "I got to meet coach (Mark) Stoops and coach (Vince) Marrow, who's my recruiting area coach. I was with him the majority of the time. I also got a chance to meet the defensive coordinator, coach (D.J.) Eliot. He's real personable, too.

"I enjoyed the new staff. They took me around and talked."

Hendrix said that he confirmed on Monday that he does indeed have a verbal offer from Kentucky. Illinois and several MAC schools have offered as well.

While he's high on Kentucky in the aftermath of his second trip to the SEC school, Hendrix said he doesn't have any favorites.

"No, not yet," he said. "I do like a lot of schools. I've looked into a couple of schools. This was my first real time getting down to see a lot at UK and spending some time with the staff. I really enjoyed getting to see the actual campus. I don't have any favorites but I did really enjoy Kentucky."

This past fall as a junior at Wayne, Hendrix registered 124 tackles, a sack, three forced fumbles and three pass break-ups.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1463765
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks for sharing LeeCoUKFan!
So this guy who de-committed from USC, when we he re announce?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
SportzAnimal Wrote:Thanks for sharing LeeCoUKFan!

Your welcome! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Most annoying part of Jaleel Hytchye’s recruitment? Louisville

[Image: http://cmsimg.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcsi....s-Kentucky]

Mark Stoops didn’t take long to win his first recruiting battle over Louisville. Four star cornerback Jaleel Hytchye from Cincinnati, Ohio committed to Kentucky a few weeks ago, picking the Wildcats over a few schools, including Louisville. An ESPN Insider feature called “Favorite Memories From the Recruiting Trail” included a question to Hytchye about what part of his recruitment was the “most annoying.” If you didn’t already like the young man from Ohio, you certainly will now.

“Most annoying part is the end where I told Louisville I wasn’t coming, and they kept trying to come down, and I told them I’m solid and they kept going and tried to come to the school to recruit me. I had a low-key argument with one of the coaches. We were going back and forth. He said, ‘We’re winning championships at Louisville,’ and I said, ‘We’re winning championships at Kentucky.’ He said, ‘We’re going to a bowl game,’ and I said, ‘We’re going to a bowl game.’ He said, ‘Who are you going to beat? Alabama? Florida?’ and I said, ‘We’ll eventually get there.’”

I think it’s easy to understand why Mark Stoops wanted a guy with this kind of attitude in his first recruiting class at the University of Kentucky.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spud6 Wrote:So this guy who de-committed from USC, when we he re announce?

Jason Hatcher (Trinity) Feb. 6 on NSD
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Most annoying part of Jaleel Hytchye’s recruitment? Louisville

Mark Stoops didn’t take long to win his first recruiting battle over Louisville. Four star cornerback Jaleel Hytchye from Cincinnati, Ohio committed to Kentucky a few weeks ago, picking the Wildcats over a few schools, including Louisville. An ESPN Insider feature called “Favorite Memories From the Recruiting Trail” included a question to Hytchye about what part of his recruitment was the “most annoying.” If you didn’t already like the young man from Ohio, you certainly will now.

“Most annoying part is the end where I told Louisville I wasn’t coming, and they kept trying to come down, and I told them I’m solid and they kept going and tried to come to the school to recruit me. I had a low-key argument with one of the coaches. We were going back and forth. He said, ‘We’re winning championships at Louisville,’ and I said, ‘We’re winning championships at Kentucky.’ He said, ‘We’re going to a bowl game,’ and I said, ‘We’re going to a bowl game.’ He said, ‘Who are you going to beat? Alabama? Florida?’ and I said, ‘We’ll eventually get there.’”

I think it’s easy to understand why Mark Stoops wanted a guy with this kind of attitude in his first recruiting class at the University of Kentucky.
That's pretty good.
Taj Williams changed his visit to Louisville until next weekend. Scout still has him as visiting UK this weekend, although Rivals does not have him listed as visiting UK.

JUCO 3* Safety Terrell Pinson now has UK in his top 3 with Kansas & La Tech.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Most annoying part of Jaleel Hytchye’s recruitment? Louisville

This is awesome! Louisville has one good year and now they think they should never lose a recruiting battle to Uk.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Kentucky is James Hearns favorite.
Hatcher & Timmons visiting UK again today unofficially.
^ just saw that on twitter. Things are looking good.
Alex Montgomery tweeting about the BBN while on his trip to UofL.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Hatcher & Timmons visiting UK again today unofficially.

How many visits has Hatcher been on at UK? I believe it's Timmons 2nd.
Do you guys think we will get another commitment before NSD?
[Image:

]
Here's a thought...but could be a little off base. I read and posted comments from an article that I read from the Courier Journal that Hatcher was not going on anymore visits but Blur has said that both Hatcher and Timmons are at UK unoffically. We also know that Timmons got a greyshirt offer from OSU, but then later deny it. We also know that both won't announce til NSD. What's the possibility that both Hatcher and Timmons has giving Stoops a silent committment? If that's true they could be making the same dedicated trip to UK during recruiting weekends to help sell UK like Hytchye has done every weekend since his announcement.
redhound93 Wrote:Here's a thought...but could be a little off base. I read and posted comments from an article that I read from the Courier Journal that Hatcher was not going on anymore visits but Blur has said that both Hatcher and Timmons are at UK unoffically. We also know that Timmons got a greyshirt offer from OSU, but then later deny it. We also know that both won't announce til NSD. What's the possibility that both Hatcher and Timmons has giving Stoops a silent committment? If that's true they could be making the same dedicated trip to UK during recruiting weekends to help sell UK like Hytchye has done every weekend since his announcement.

I think that this could be very likely and I hope that it is the case!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jaleel-UK Commit- @TheRealLeel_9 Having fun at the game sitting next to the coach Elliot and @Rimmons_5
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Orlando writer says Stoops and Eliot having a big impact already on Florida recruits

Published January 26, 2013

Asiantii Woulard photo by Chris Hays/Orlando Sentinel

By LARRY VAUGHT

Chris Hays is the recruiting coverage coordinator for the Orlando Sentinel and has seen the impact new Kentucky coach Mark Stoops and defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot, who came to UK from Florida State, have made on recruiting in Florida.

“Before those guys came in, Blake McClain was the only one in Central Florida (Orlando area) getting recruited heavily by Kentucky, but now there’s Jeff Badet, Asiantii Woulard, JoJo Kemp, Stafon McCray … and on and on. Every kid I talk to is suddenly listing Kentucky among his list of schools he wants to visit and, honestly that has not been the case around here,” Hays said.

“These guys know Florida recruiting and where to find the right prospects. It’s not just Central Florida, either. They kept Alvonte Bell onboard, who is a star in the making with very raw skills but a tremendous player. They landed Khalid Thomas, who is one of the unsung of an incredible group of 2013 Florida running backs and they’ll be bringing in a few others before signing day. Things have to be looking up.”

http://vaughtsviews.com/orlando-writer-s...-recruits/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:Do you guys think we will get another commitment before NSD?

Yes!! Ryan Timmons is suppose to announce the day before NSD, which would be February 5th (Week from this Tuesday).

James Hearns says he will commit to Kentucky if they accept his offer and if his grades are good enough then he will be a Cat this weekened.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Orlando writer says Stoops and Eliot having a big impact already on Florida recruits

Published January 26, 2013

Asiantii Woulard photo by Chris Hays/Orlando Sentinel

By LARRY VAUGHT

Chris Hays is the recruiting coverage coordinator for the Orlando Sentinel and has seen the impact new Kentucky coach Mark Stoops and defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot, who came to UK from Florida State, have made on recruiting in Florida.

“Before those guys came in, Blake McClain was the only one in Central Florida (Orlando area) getting recruited heavily by Kentucky, but now there’s Jeff Badet, Asiantii Woulard, JoJo Kemp, Stafon McCray … and on and on. Every kid I talk to is suddenly listing Kentucky among his list of schools he wants to visit and, honestly that has not been the case around here,” Hays said.

“These guys know Florida recruiting and where to find the right prospects. It’s not just Central Florida, either. They kept Alvonte Bell onboard, who is a star in the making with very raw skills but a tremendous player. They landed Khalid Thomas, who is one of the unsung of an incredible group of 2013 Florida running backs and they’ll be bringing in a few others before signing day. Things have to be looking up.”

http://vaughtsviews.com/orlando-writer-s...-recruits/

This is promising news...I can only hope these recruits are as diligent with their grades as they are their twitter feeds :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Kentucky recruiting said on twitter Lovell Peterson has decommitted from UK and has committed to Grand Valley State.
redhound93 Wrote:Kentucky recruiting said on twitter Lovell Peterson has decommitted from UK and has committed to Grand Valley State.

Unfortunately, you are correct.

Lovell Peterson @Lovellp1994 I became a gvsu laker yesterday. #tracklife #gvsu
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
redhound93 Wrote:Kentucky recruiting said on twitter Lovell Peterson has decommitted from UK and has committed to Grand Valley State.

I just wonder if Coach Stoops pulled his scholly?
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next