•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2015
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Finally some football talk!!! I think Pikeville, Hazard, Raceland and Paintsville all have good shots at getting to the carpet this year. Goina be a great season! I just hope one of us bring back a title to the east.

You forgot about Williamsburg.
Slic Ric Wrote:If it's the same as last year then neither Pikeville or Hazard will be around to play them. :flush:

if:biggrin:. we all know what happened last year and the year before.
pjdoug Wrote:You forgot about Williamsburg.

Williamsburg should be in the hunt, but too many holes to fill from graduation to put them on the hot seat in the preseason. Im goina say they make noise, but they got a lot to fill in before they are a top 5 team on paper. Which is all we have to go buy right now.
pjdoug Wrote:if:biggrin:. we all know what happened last year and the year before.

Yeah ...last year neither team was around, and the year before Raceland beat Pikeville in the regional championship...so what. Doesn't matter. Different year different teams. We'll see...:biggrin:
Slic Ric Wrote:Yeah ...last year neither team was around, and the year before Raceland beat Pikeville in the regional championship...so what. Doesn't matter. Different year different teams. We'll see...:biggrin:

You brought last year up. I didnt.I was trying to lure you into some trash talk and you didn't fall for it Confusednicker:
Anyone go to the Russell 7 on 7?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Anyone go to the Russell 7 on 7?

I went there yesterday, I heard they was having it today as well but I don't know anything about that one. Yesterday lc was set to play the winner from russell and wheelersburg I think for the final game but they decided not to play it.
Raceland won the jv and varsity , the varsity went 6-0 . It's early but I like what I see a lot
0ff The Chain Wrote:I went there yesterday, I heard they was having it today as well but I don't know anything about that one. Yesterday lc was set to play the winner from russell and wheelersburg I think for the final game but they decided not to play it.

So is Lawrence playing in one today? I know they won one a few days ago without their two best receivers. I saw Dalton at practice this week so he is good to go.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland won the jv and varsity , the varsity went 6-0 . It's early but I like what I see a lot

I was also at the 7 on 7 at Russell yesterday, I didn't even see raceland there, I saw greenup county, russell, rock hill, betsy lane, johnson central, fairview, ioronton, lewis county , i think wheelersburg & lawrence county,, lawrence county was set to be in the finals but they were going to have to wait about an hour before they would play again didn't want to get stiff and try to get everybody warmed up again. Several schools brought multiple teams.
We didn't go yesterday, just today.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland won the jv and varsity , the varsity went 6-0 . It's early but I like what I see a lot

Even though its 7 on 7 with no rush, the success we are hsving throwing the ball is a big deal. If for nothing more than confidence the new QB and WR have in each other. Very experienced backfield and OL will only help support that confidence. Our DBs are looking solid as well. All signs are pointing for a very promising season again.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Even though its 7 on 7 with no rush, the success we are hsving throwing the ball is a big deal. If for nothing more than confidence the new QB and WR have in each other. Very experienced backfield and OL will only help support that confidence. Our DBs are looking solid as well. All signs are pointing for a very promising season again.

mediocre at best Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:mediocre at best Confusednicker:

U can do better than that teach me how to dougie. Very disapointed in ur last attempts. The offseason has been harsh on u. You have lost ur edge lol
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:U can do better than that teach me how to dougie. Very disapointed in ur last attempts. The offseason has been harsh on u. You have lost ur edge lol

I can teach you how to cut a rug.I was trying to be nice and take it easy on you lol
seriously I think Raceland with be a tough,fundamentally sound football team that will be hard to beat.
7 on 7s are a joke. Anyone that would take the results of a team and try to predict what succes
they will have for the season is delusional
^ Raceland needs to be a running team with what they have returning. 7 on 7s are great for getting a young and new QB use to recievers. All Raceland needs is about 20 attempts a game to keep defenses honest and rely on that running game to win ball games.
Raceland will be good but single A is even more watered down than it was before. Kentucky doesn't need 6 classes in football it's a joke. A district with 3 teams LOL. How julian Tackett and the KHSAA think is beyond me.
mightydog Wrote:7 on 7s are a joke. Anyone that would take the results of a team and try to predict what succes

I agree with that.they are basically just having fun playing flag football.
russellpride Wrote:Raceland will be good but single A is even more watered down than it was before. Kentucky doesn't need 6 classes in football it's a joke. A district with 3 teams LOL. How julian Tackett and the KHSAA think is beyond me.

I also dont think a 5 A team in Eastern Kentucky should have to compete with Louisville schools.
pjdoug Wrote:I also dont think a 5 A team in Eastern Kentucky should have to compete with Louisville schools.

I agree 100%. And also agree with the statement that a 3 team district is a joke and having one that does, and then turning around and having another district sith 5 or 6 teams, THEN taking the lowest seeded team from the big district and tossing them out, while the second kowest seed gets bumped to another district (both 1A and 5A do this in the new alignment), its laughable. 4 or 5 classes would be perfect. 6 waters down the classes too much. But, the coaches gotta coach, and teams gotta play who they are paired with. Doubt theres anything anyone can do to fix things with Tacket runnin the show. Even still, I cant wait for some Friday Football to start!
My biggest complaint about the class system in Kentucky is that it is not equal across all sports. There are not any classes in several sports such as softball, volleyball, baseball and basketball, 3 classes in track and field, and 6 classes in football. It just doesn't make any sense not to have the same classifications in all sports across the board.
mightydog Wrote:7 on 7s are a joke. Anyone that would take the results of a team and try to predict what succes

Couldn't disagree more , when you have a new QB and totally new receiving core and new dbs it's a great idea to get reps .. Win and loss's don't mean as much as getting familiar with your teamates in this type of setting and obviously many high school snd college coaches agree or they wouldn't be having these type of tournaments all over the place
Agreed ^^^^ one thing I think this state is behind on is special teams.A lot of teams all over the state are horrible at punting and extra points and just being able to kick the damn ball off.I would love to see some kind of tournaments in place to get teams more dedicated to this area of the game.
russellpride Wrote:Raceland will be good but single A is even more watered down than it was before. Kentucky doesn't need 6 classes in football it's a joke. A district with 3 teams LOL. How julian Tackett and the KHSAA think is beyond me.

I think Russell should not be playing in that weak district they are in.:please:Confusednicker:

I agree to some extent. I dont look at it as winning a 7 on 7 tournament, will transpose itself into having a championship season. I do believe though, that it helps build confidence among the QBs and DBs. Especially when they are young or inexperienced players. But you cant base a seasons prediction based on a 7 on 7 tournament. But, if you return an entire offensive line, backfield, defensive front 7 from a state semifinal team and then your QB and skill guys are in synch with each other and your DBs are covering well (even though there is no rush, or rungame to account for, then it does lend itself to a promising year. But no, you cant predict seasons success on a passing scrimmage. Too many other variables.

I agree with the statement as well about special teams needing to develop. Especially here at Raceland. Outside of Pettery and then Jacob Sparks, we have never had a consistent kicking game. Messer provided stability on extra points last year and Preston did a few years back, but kick offs have been a manor issue, even in the better Raceland teams. I cant stand seeing us kicking it out of bounds and giving the other team the ball at the 35, or when we do kick it off the ball goes 25 yards and the team returns it to the 40. Luckily, we have had good defense and offenses that can put drives together and control the ball and TOS. nust wish we could develop our special teams.
That's where a decent soccer kid can help a team out in a pinch.

I like 7 on 7s follow Williamsburg for 4 yrs going on 5. And they never participates on 7 on 7s passing scrimmage. :popcorn:
Things are looking good in Ramland. According to the KHSAA we have 61 players on the roster. With every class having a good range of size and atheletes depth shouldnt be a problem over the next few years. Atleast 10 kids in every class. We will graduate 15 this year and then 20 next year, so its goina be crucial for some of the younger guys to develop over the next two seasons. But there is alot of tallent and size in the younger classes. Imo, alot of our success goes back to Mike Francis and what he has done in the feeder system. Having 10-20 kids in each class is pretty unheard of in 1A ball, but we have been able to do that over the last 5 seasons or so. Alot of credit has to be given to Mike and his ability to prepare the kids, but most of all keep things fun and maintaining the kids interest.
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next