•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 4 A Championship Johnson County Central 21 Boyle Co 20
Woodsman Wrote:It rarely works out as expected. Just saying. Brandon Smith is a darn good coach but I’m not sure I’d put all my eggs into that basket just because it’s family. It feels all warm and fuzzy but I’m not confident that plan works to many peoples liking. Too much to lose for all parties involved.

I might agree if Brandon had not already won two state titles in 4 or 5 years. Add to that if he can keep Hester and the Leffew on the staff for a few more years.
Hatz Wrote:I might agree if Brandon had not already won two state titles in 4 or 5 years. Add to that if he can keep Hester and the Leffew on the staff for a few more years.

So Hester isn’t retiring as well?
Hound05 Wrote:So Hester isn’t retiring as well?

I’m hearing he’s retiring from teaching but will continue to coach.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I believe Jeff Duggins was the QB on Boyle’s first 3 state title teams he was 44-0 and won Mr football his senior year 2001.

Correct Jack. Brandon was a freshman on the 2001 team.
Hound05 Wrote:So Hester isn’t retiring as well?

He has a son still playing.
Just pure speculation on my part but would Brandon Smith leave South Warren to become Boyle’s new OC?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Just pure speculation on my part but would Brandon Smith leave South Warren to become Boyle’s new OC?

I wouldn’t if I were him. HC yeah. OC Nope. That’s a big big difference at the HS level. But I don’t know him the least bit. He might not care about that. Just speaking if it were me. That would be a step backwards.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, I have heard again that Chuck Smith is leaving Boyle. Is this just talk, or is he following his OC?

After asking more questions around but short of asking Chuck who I don’t see that often, I’m Now thinking that Chuck is not going to retire or leave Boyle, I believe he’ll be back at Boyle next year.
I was in Boyle County today it is a very pretty place! Last time i was there was 92 game between Danville and Prestonsburg. That was the best High School game of all time other then last weekend game...
Ballbuster Wrote:I was in Boyle County today it is a very pretty place! Last time i was there was 92 game between Danville and Prestonsburg. That was the best High School game of all time other then last weekend game...

Most Danville fans would disagree. :yikes::yikes:
Call me crazy, but I think the belfry desales game was better than the 4A title. Not by much though. But again, I’ve always been a defensive minded type guy.
WOW! Almost a week and I’m still impressed. Since practice started in July this was the game football fans wanted to see in 4a. The season played out like we all wanted it to and we got what we had been hoping for. Boyle and JC in the finals. And what a game. This one lived up to the hype and produced a great champion. Congrats JC on a memorable season. Boyle County you have nothing to hang your heads over.

Hopefully, come next July there will be another matchup the whole state will wait for and be treated to another great championship.
^ i meant to put the above post in the rivalries thread.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:^ i meant to put the above post in the rivalries thread.

Got it moved hoot!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Where’s fosho at? Would love to hear his thoughts on the game.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Where’s fosho at? Would love to hear his thoughts on the game.

It’s still much too soon for him to return. He’s currently still eating. He has several more large truck loads of crow to woof down. Probably will be a while.....
What is truly amazing is this hit 13 pages and I don’t think anyone noticed the “Johnson County Central” in the thread title...
Woodsman Wrote:It’s still much too soon for him to return. He’s currently still eating. He has several more large truck loads of crow to woof down. Probably will be a while.....
I don't think that he has taken his first bite of crow and doubt that he ever will. He logged into BGR this morning but apparently he is still trying to find the courage to make a post. Confusednicker:

None of the posters that he taunted and called names for disagreeing with him are going to forget anytime soon. He might as well either face the music now or create a new account to disguise himself for next season.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:or create a new account to disguise himself for next season.

Pretty sure that’s exactly what will happen, but as they always say “a tiger can’t change its stripes.”
Woodsman Wrote:Pretty sure that’s exactly what will happen, but as they always say “a tiger can’t change its stripes.”
I agree. Everybody has their own posting style and trying to hide under another screen name takes too much effort and takes the fun out of posting, IMO. FoSho will be able to run on BGR but he will have a tough time hiding.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I agree. Everybody has their own posting style and trying to hide under another screen name takes too much effort and takes the fun out of posting, IMO. FoSho will be able to run on BGR but he will have a tough time hiding.

I hate to judge people, so I’ll say this. I’ve seen people with the same type of personality as him before. They wouldn’t just stop coming here. They would come back probably around the start of next year and post hoping that everyone forgot.

Not say that’s what “He” will do. But that’s my opinion based on people and experiences I’ve had in the past with the same type of personalities. Their ego just can’t hold back forever. So we shall see. I said it once, and I’ll say it again. We all have to atone for what we’ve done and our actions. I’m not the type that thinks I’m the judge or jury. But I can’t blame those that give what they think is just.
Woodsman Wrote:Pretty sure that’s exactly what will happen, but as they always say “a tiger can’t change its stripes.”

Would take a very big makeover to disguise that guy. Unless he could hack into his new acct and show it with a large number of posts. That moderated member deal and immediately posting that, scrimmages "don't mean squat", we were running our vanilla offense, total domination, among others would be a dead give a way.

It's fine being a homer, have to back your team, but he was way beyond being a homer.
ekywildcat Wrote:Would take a very big makeover to disguise that guy. Unless he could hack into his new acct and show it with a large number of posts. That moderated member deal and immediately posting that, scrimmages "don't mean squat", we were running our vanilla offense, total domination, among others would be a dead give a way.

It's fine being a homer, have to back your team, but he was way beyond being a homer.

Or him to say things like (ie. "I'm not impress" with certain player(s) or a certain player(s) on BC is better or outplayed another) And what gets me is this and I will never ever forget this statement. "What team will beat BC? Are they going undefeated for 2 straight season"? That statement goes back to 2 season's ago and we all know Corbin last season and JC this year.
State Champs 🏈🥇
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't think that he has taken his first bite of crow and doubt that he ever will. He logged into BGR this morning but apparently he is still trying to find the courage to make a post. Confusednicker:

None of the posters that he taunted and called names for disagreeing with him are going to forget anytime soon. He might as well either face the music now or create a new account to disguise himself for next season.

Who have I taunted?

Who have I called names and what would those names be?

Just because you type words doesn't make them factual.
FBfan4life Wrote:Or him to say things like (ie. "I'm not impress" with certain player(s) or a certain player(s) on BC is better or outplayed another) And what gets me is this and I will never ever forget this statement. "What team will beat BC? Are they going undefeated for 2 straight season"? That statement goes back to 2 season's ago and we all know Corbin last season and JC this year.

This is all BS.

Give examples and we can discuss. Otherwise you are FOS.

I don't talk bad about kids. I don't bad mouth teams.
ekywildcat Wrote:Would take a very big makeover to disguise that guy. Unless he could hack into his new acct and show it with a large number of posts. That moderated member deal and immediately posting that, scrimmages "don't mean squat", we were running our vanilla offense, total domination, among others would be a dead give a way.

Specific example of what I meant by "vanilla offense"...in the semis we ran Smith in the "Wildcat" and it was to set Louisville Central up on the double reverse pass.

We got a comfortable lead and it started raining in the second half. Therefore we didn't have to run that pass. We in turn used it against JC in the very first play knowing that they had seen it on film. It would have been a TD if one - Reese Smith was 100% or two - JC weak side defender wasn't a badass.

Once again...what I meant by the "don't mean squat" was the outcome of said scrimmage. And it doesn't.

Ex. in 2017 preseason scrimmage Madison Central beat Boyle Co 21-0. By years end we'd put a running clock on them by halftime.
FoSho Wrote:Who have I taunted?

Who have I called names and what would those names be?

Just because you type words doesn't make them factual.
I suggest that you review every one of your posts for the past two years. There are good reasons why so many members outside of Boyle County fans share a negative impression of you. Your answers are in those posts.
Congrats on the win JC, well deserved.
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next