•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Recruits
3* DE Corey Smith & Tulane commit is visiting this coming weekend.
Timmons visiting Joker & Florida on 02/01/13.
Lovell Peterson's high school teammate & 2014 LB Dorian Hendrix took an unexpected, unofficial visit to UK this past weekend. He now holds an offer from UK. He said he really, really liked UK, & that this weekend's visit was much more personable than the one he encountered over the summer.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:We have a 44th ranked recruiting class, and while that is very good for us, that is still 13th out of the 14 SEC teams..

We still need to get some big commitments if we want to have a true SEC caliber class.

I'm guessing it was too late to after the same kids that Alabama is going after. Or can we get the same caliber of athletes that Bama is picking up?
redhound93 Wrote:I'm guessing it was too late to after the same kids that Alabama is going after. Or can we get the same caliber of athletes that Bama is picking up?

Typically I would say no way but with Ole Miss' burning up the recruiting market currently it's questionable. I personally feel, Stoops & company are a more attractable & accommodating to recruits but the key will be establishment. He'll have to win some games in this coming year for it to draw the 4 & 5 stars. Annually, our non-conference schedule is a joke but in recent years they've been competitive with us. We must win the games over WKU, Alabama State, & Miami (OH), & we must do so in convincing fashion. More importantly we must win conference games & our conference schedule is grueling. Out of Missouri, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, & Tennessee, we need to win two of those games. As well out of Louisville, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama, & Georgia, we need to pull off an upset. Of course I could be happy with 6 or 7 wins, no matter how we get it. I feel with Stoops & his staff's ability to recruit we could sell guys on 6-7 wins in the first few years by convincing they could be the guys to push us over the top.
Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky There should be some interesting developments involving Kentucky Football this week. Should get interesting. Stay tuned.
jbadet_4 said via twitter said Kentucky has left building #BBN #Wildcats great visit!! Then I also from @RowlandRivals..Jeff Badet will not visit Iowa State next weekend. Just told me, "I'm pretty set on where I want to go...." Sounds like great news.
I was already told that Badet was committing to Kentucky just not been made official yet.
Strikeout King Wrote:I was already told that Badet was committing to Kentucky just not been made official yet.

Wonder if that helps us in the Woulard sweepstakes?? No offense to Badet but I'm more interested to see if his commitment helps with Woulard. Seems 3* WR's are a dime a dozen.

3* Florida OL, Nick Haynes is visiting UK this weekend.
I could only hope so.

I hear that Ohio State is visiting Mr. Ryan Timmons this weekend, if an offer comes his way then that spells big big trouble for the Cats but I hear he's close to committing but no school was mentioned....February 6th is in 2 Weeks.
redhound93 Wrote:jbadet_4 said via twitter said Kentucky has left building #BBN #Wildcats great visit!! Then I also from @RowlandRivals..Jeff Badet will not visit Iowa State next weekend. Just told me, "I'm pretty set on where I want to go...." Sounds like great news.

Does that mean he's still taking his visit to NC State this coming weekend??
Currently on tap for this upcoming weekend:
Taj Williams 4* WR Tallahassee, FL-Top 5 are Alabama, Auburn, Louisville, South Carolina, & USF. Visited Auburn last weekend. No other visits planned.
James Hearn 4* LB Tallahassee, FL-Florida commit. Visited Auburn last week with teammate Williams but has no other visits scheduled.
Marquez White 3* CB Dorthan, AL-Florida State commit. Visited FSU 01/11/13 but has no other visits scheduled.
Corey Smith 3* DE New Orleans, LA-Tulane commit. Has also visited Arizona State & has no other visits scheduled
Keith Kelsey Jr. 3* MLB Gainesville, FL-Has UK in Top 5 with Duke, Iowa State, Louisville, & USF. Visited USF & Louisville in the last couple of weeks.
Jarran Reed 3* JUCO DT-Coached by Brumbaugh. Current Ole Miss commit, visited UNC & Florida in the last couple of weeks. Believed to be a Gator lean.
Nick Haynes 3* OL/TE Niceville, FL-
High interest in UCF. Scout has him as a 2* TE but Rivals have him as a 3* OG. No other visits scheduled.
Darren Dowdell 3* TE Atlanta, GA
-UK commit & good friends with UK commit DeAngelo Yancey.
DeAngelo Yancey 3* WR Atlanta, GA-UK commit & good friends with UK commit Darren Dowdell
Austin McGinnis 3* K Prattville, AL-UK commit & number 3 kicker in the nation
Justin Day 3* OT Aiken, SC-UK commit. No other visits scheduled.
Ramsey Meyers 3* OG Orange Park, FL-UK commit. No other visits scheduled.
Donald Gage 3* WR Zachary, LA-Current Houston commit but also visiting Houston, LA Lafayette & Texas Tech
Stafon McCray 3* RB Osceola, FL-Has UK in Top 3 with Marshall & Utah State. Visited Utah State. Rumored he may not be at UK but at USF this weekend.
OL Haynes gauging Kentucky's recruiting interest

Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

Nick Haynes is wondering exactly where he stands with Kentucky. The Wildcats have been recruiting him for about a month and contacted him as recently as last week.

It was offensive line coach John Schlarman that spoke to the Niceville (Fla.) guard last Thursday. Kentucky is interested, Haynes said, but he won't know whether he will take an official visit this weekend, as it has been reported he will, until his next conversation with UK representatives.

"It all depends on what happens," Haynes said. "I have a meeting with the offensive coordinator (Neal Brown) and the offensive line coach coming up soon. It's going to be their decision. If they want me to come see them I will. If they don't, I won't."

For now the 6-foot-4, 294-pound lineman has kept his weekend free in case UK wants him to visit. He's tentatively planning to visit Lexington but it sounds like it's not quite a done deal yet.

Haynes told Cats Illustrated that he's been hearing from Kentucky for about a month now.

"Coach (Schlarman) told me he didn't want me to get too hung up on one school," Haynes said. "He wants me to go out and see other schools. He told me not to put all my eggs in one basket."

FAU, Southern Miss, UL-Monroe, UCF, Western Kentucky and Samford are the other schools recruiting Haynes. He took an official visit to FAU over the weekend.

He said the atmosphere at FAU was nice. Even though the program is undergoing a coaching change he said that he felt comfortable with everyone he met on campus.

Haynes, a three-star prospect, is ranked the No. 38 offensive guard in the nation by Rivals.com.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1463063
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Jason A. Hatcher @ROCK_NATION_6 I official de-committed from USC #WideOpen
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
J.Rowland @RowlandRIVALS Two wks ago had you asked what Hatcher would do I would have told you de-commit. But I would have guessed #UofL. Not anymore.#JustaGuess
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
J.Rowland (@RowlandRIVALS) tweeted that to expect some good news for UK in the next 24-48 hours, not a commitment but very good news
Welcome To BBN Mr. Hatcher. Mark Stoops Is getting it done. Finally playing with the big boys and were landing our share of punches. This after a 2-8 season imagine once we start winning games. Could Stoops win the SEC At Kentucky?
Ah oh, more than likely say goodbye to Mr. Timmons as he has just picked up his Ohio State offer.
So negative.
FBALL Wrote:So negative.

For the longest time he wanted to go to Ohio State, it maybe too little too late now because they are offering late, just have to wait and see.

Say goodbye to Deangelo Yancey has Coach Stoops told him to look elsewhere.
Strikeout King Wrote:For the longest time he wanted to go to Ohio State, it maybe too little too late now because they are offering late, just have to wait and see.

Say goodbye to Deangelo Yancey has Coach Stoops told him to look elsewhere.

Actually, Darren Dowdell decommitted too. He & Yancey, both from the Atlanta, GA area as well as being good friends. So I guess when Yancey's offer was pulled, Dowdell decommitted. I'm thinking they're a package deal. Both hold offers from NC State & Wake Forest. Look for them to wind up there.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ramsey Meyers & Justin Day go too. He'll keep Austin MacGinnis because he's such a high rated kicker. Reese Phillips better be glad he enrolled early, as I think Stoops would've gotten rid of him too. Maybe Phillips knew this, thus enrolling early to not have to deal with looking elsewhere. It'll cost him in the long run if that's the case.

With the pulled offer & decommitment, we have dropped to 54th in Rivals Rankings.

4* safety Marcus McWilson will visit this weekend before deciding between UK & Nebraska
Stoops also pulled the offer from Ander Bodkin, look for him to likely wind up at USF. Good luck to all 3 & may God bless them. I figured we'd pull the offers from Justin Day and/or Ramsey Meyers before Bodkin to be honest.
J.Rowland ‏@RowlandRIVALS It is very likely that #Kentucky will have the third most impressive class of Ohio prospects on Feb. 6.
J.Rowland ‏@RowlandRIVALS Very soon #UK coaches will be pointing not to their resumes elsewhere, but the other recruits they have already signed.
Strikeout King Wrote:Ah oh, more than likely say goodbye to Mr. Timmons as he has just picked up his Ohio State offer.

Only offered Grayshirt...
UK target & previous vistor, Boaz Joseph has committed to Nebraska. He's still scheduled to visit Louisville this weekend with high school teammate & UK recruit, Alex Montgomery.
I Rule The World Wrote:Only offered Grayshirt...

Josh Edwards of 247 Sports & CatsPause, reporting Franklin County coach Tracy has said it wasn't a greyshirt & was an unconditional offer.

Scout is reporting Shelton Gibson is a "Solid" commit to WVU
With Stoops letting go of some recruits I hope they know what they are doing & counting the chicks before they hatch.
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next