•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the MVP?
Well your almighty MVP is now AT HOME watching Kobe play! Just like last year. two years, best record each year, what has he done? NOTHING. Doesnt sound like mvp to me??
Lebron? Pst, LeCHOKE.
theVILLE Wrote:Lebron goes for 42 points, 8 assists and 12 rebounds and the cavs force a game 7!

Your about 20 points off on what actually happened.
K_Mac Wrote:Well your almighty MVP is now AT HOME watching Kobe play! Just like last year. two years, best record each year, what has he done? NOTHING. Doesnt sound like mvp to me??
Apparently, knowledgeable people empowered with an MVP vote overwhelmingly disagree with you but why let facts get in the way of a good bout of hero-worship? :lmao:
Ballers Wrote:Your about 20 points off on what actually happened.

well its actually about 13 but he madde up for it in assists and rebounds
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:well its actually about 13 but he madde up for it in assists and rebounds
Having a triple-double means squat in this thread. Kobe would have had a quadruple or a quintuple double if that is what it took to put another ring on his finger...unless he got his feelings hurt and decided to stop shooting.
Lebron deserved the MVP, no doubt about it, only a fool would question that. He is the best talent in the game but he's not the best player. Lebron really looked overwhelmed by the pressure in game 6. I don't want to hear any excuses about the elbow, every player has some sort of injury this time of year. The Cavs go as Lebron goes they became overwhelmed(again) like he did. If I could pick one player for a game I had to win, I'd go with Kobe, because he is the best.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Having a triple-double means squat in this thread. Kobe would have had a quadruple or a quintuple double if that is what it took to put another ring on his finger...unless he got his feelings hurt and decided to stop shooting.

You failed to mention the 9 turnovers and very poor fg %. That cancels out a lot of the good Lebron did.
theVILLE Wrote:Lebron goes for 42 points, 8 assists and 12 rebounds and the cavs force a game 7!

you wish
Aslan Wrote:he's not the best player. Lebron really looked overwhelmed by the pressure in game 6. I don't want to hear any excuses about the elbow, every player has some sort of injury this time of year. The Cavs go as Lebron goes they became overwhelmed(again) like he did. If I could pick one player for a game I had to win, I'd go with Kobe, because he is the best.

Agree
Lebron had alot of pressure on him in 5 and 6...Yeah he should have played better, and yes he had the team to do it with this season...Im not using this as an execuse because he has been in the league long enough now to not worry about pressure in general...However does anyone else thing since he plays for cleveland and thats his hometown, and he felt to much pressure to bring them a championship (clevelands one nothing since 1964)...I thinkg that had alot to do with the pressure...Sure he should have played better and they should won the series and i think the final as well...But think about what a load that would be to have on your back...Another thing id like to point out is, he played better in boston, played alot better in some games at chicago
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Lebron had alot of pressure on him in 5 and 6...Yeah he should have played better, and yes he had the team to do it with this season...Im not using this as an execuse because he has been in the league long enough now to not worry about pressure in general...However does anyone else thing since he plays for cleveland and thats his hometown, and he felt to much pressure to bring them a championship (clevelands one nothing since 1964)...I thinkg that had alot to do with the pressure...Sure he should have played better and they should won the series and i think the final as well...But think about what a load that would be to have on your back...Another thing id like to point out is, he played better in boston, played alot better in some games at chicago

Nobody else has pressure on them? Kobe don't? Wade? Howard? Cmon. That's an extremely weak excuse.
Aslan Wrote:Nobody else has pressure on them? Kobe don't? Wade? Howard? Cmon. That's an extremely weak excuse.

Highly agree. I knew theville would make some excuse for Lebron. But WOW pressure?? Every player, especially the stars have a ton of pressure on them to win! He knew all year long the pressure was on him, he should be able to deal with it by now. MVP's shouldnt be affected by pressure, they should rise to the opportunity to prove themselves.
It's amazing to watch the Kobe booster club to continue bashing Lebron because his team was eliminated. James did not play his best in the playoffs, yet the only positive statistical category in which he did not outperform Kobe was FT percentage.

Basketball is a team game. Lebron's team lost and Kobe's won but Lebron led Kobe in almost every statistical category in the playoffs - just as he did in the regular season. I doubt that there is any GM in the NBA would not take Lebron over Kobe given the choice. If you prefer players who shoot a lower percentage from the field, grab fewer rebounds, force fewer bad shots, and average fewer assists, then Kobe is your man. Lebron is the MVP and deservedly so.
The MVP Voting is a joke. Plain and simple.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The MVP Voting is a joke. Plain and simple.

Agree. Kobe can do everything Lebron can, except perhaps jump and he could do that in his earlier days. Fact is he doesnt have to play that hard with the team he keeps in LA. So get over it Lebron fans. Lebron has been sent home yet again despite everyone claiming this is his year to win! YOU WERE WRONG! Admit it, he clearly isnt all he is hyped up to be. Kobe is still in it and he is not. Enough said.
K_Mac Wrote:Agree. Kobe can do everything Lebron can, except perhaps jump and he could do that in his earlier days. Fact is he doesnt have to play that hard with the team he keeps in LA. So get over it Lebron fans. Lebron has been sent home yet again despite everyone claiming this is his year to win! YOU WERE WRONG! Admit it, he clearly isnt all he is hyped up to be. Kobe is still in it and he is not. Enough said.

Its not because of Kobe.

Kobe was the most dominant player in the league when shaq left. He showed us that by doing anything he wanted when he had the ball. But kobe then realized it takes more than flashy dunks and fade-aways. It takes a killer mentality to want to win every game. And a supporting cast that you can play with. He accepted that and has Flourished.

Lebron clearly deserved the MVP award This year. Maybe you can take this one and replace it with the one they gave you last year. Lebron had the team, the league, everyone wanting him to win a Ring. And he Failed. Not his Team, not His Coach. Him. He should have shots as many shots as needed to win the games they lost. Kobe Does It, Jordan done it. When D-Wade went to the finals he averaged 35ppg to lead him team back from being down 2-0 against the mavs. Thats being the best player. Lebron may be your SEASON MVP, but he is nothing more than a media highlight puppet for sports centers top 10 plays and t- Shirts at the end of day. Congrats Lebron.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It's amazing to watch the Kobe booster club to continue bashing Lebron because his team was eliminated. James did not play his best in the playoffs, yet the only positive statistical category in which he did not outperform Kobe was FT percentage.

Basketball is a team game. Lebron's team lost and Kobe's won but Lebron led Kobe in almost every statistical category in the playoffs - just as he did in the regular season. I doubt that there is any GM in the NBA would not take Lebron over Kobe given the choice. If you prefer players who shoot a lower percentage from the field, grab fewer rebounds, force fewer bad shots, and average fewer assists, then Kobe is your man. Lebron is the MVP and deservedly so.

Well I may part of that club but your definitely part of Lebrons. You always fail to mention the negative stuff about his game. Yeah, he won deserved MVP and had better stats than anyone. He consistently trys to win games with his jump shot and thats not a strength of his. He shys away from the ball in big games. His team also had the best regular season record for the 2nd straight year, yet they failed to reach the finals. That falls on Lebron. He has enough support around him if there getting him the 1 seed every year. I think Lebron is the best talent in the game, but not the best player.
To the second bolded part. Of course any GM would take Lebron over Kobe at this point, due to the age difference.
Aslan Wrote:Well I may part of that club but your definitely part of Lebrons. You always fail to mention the negative stuff about his game. Yeah, he won deserved MVP and had better stats than anyone. He consistently trys to win games with his jump shot and thats not a strength of his. He shys away from the ball in big games. His team also had the best regular season record for the 2nd straight year, yet they failed to reach the finals. That falls on Lebron. He has enough support around him if there getting him the 1 seed every year. I think Lebron is the best talent in the game, but not the best player.
To the second bolded part. Of course any GM would take Lebron over Kobe at this point, due to the age difference.
Bolded 1: Lebron had a higher FG% and a higher 3pt FG% than Kobe both in the regular season, and thus far in the playoffs as well. Where is the evidence that jump shooting is not one of Lebron's strengths but is one of Kobe's strengths? If Kobe is the better shooter, then he takes far more bad shots than Lebron.

Bolded 2: If a GM had the choice of having Lebron or Kobe play for them for 2011 only, a GM would be crazy to pass on the league's two-time defending MVP.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Bolded 1: Lebron had a higher FG% and a higher 3pt FG% than Kobe both in the regular season, and thus far in the playoffs as well. Where is the evidence that jump shooting is not one of Lebron's strengths but is one of Kobe's strengths? If Kobe is the better shooter, then he takes far more bad shots than Lebron.

Bolded 2: If a GM had the choice of having Lebron or Kobe play for them for 2011 only, a GM would be crazy to pass on the league's two-time defending MVP.

Lebron gets more break away dunks and dunks in the paint than most players in the league. Kobe shoots 90% his shots outside of the paint.
I agree with your response to the 2nd bolded.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Bolded 1: Lebron had a higher FG% and a higher 3pt FG% than Kobe both in the regular season, and thus far in the playoffs as well. Where is the evidence that jump shooting is not one of Lebron's strengths but is one of Kobe's strengths? If Kobe is the better shooter, then he takes far more bad shots than Lebron.

Duplicate. My bad.

Should just be 1 Time Defending Mvp Smile
Aslan Wrote:Lebron gets more break away dunks and dunks in the paint than most players in the league. Kobe shoots 90% his shots outside of the paint.
I agree with your response to the 2nd bolded.
Lebron had a higher 3 pt FG% than Kobe both for the regular season and so far in the playoffs. Break away dunks have nothing to do with this stat. The difference in each players shooting percentage beyond the arc is negligible - but if Kobe were a much better long range shooter then Kobe should have hit a substantially better percentage after more than 90 games.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Lebron had a higher 3 pt FG% than Kobe both for the regular season and so far in the playoffs. Break away dunks have nothing to do with this stat. The difference in each players shooting percentage beyond the arc is negligible - but if Kobe were a much better long range shooter then Kobe should have hit a substantially better percentage after more than 90 games.

Kobe is shooting with a broke finger and a torn ligament in the finger. Don't you think that contributes to this? Most players would take the 6 weeks off and not play period. To me, it's amazing Kobe averaged 27 a game considering how banged up he is.
Kobe Bryant had a "significant amount of fluid" drained from his right knee recently and hasn't practiced with the Los Angeles Lakers since they advanced through the Western Conference semifinals, the Los Angeles Times reported on Monday.

Averaging 32ppg against UTah.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Kobe Bryant had a "significant amount of fluid" drained from his right knee recently and hasn't practiced with the Los Angeles Lakers since they advanced through the Western Conference semifinals, the Los Angeles Times reported on Monday.

Averaging 32ppg against UTah.

Yet the media blows Lebrons little injury out of proportion and Kobe's great performance against Utah gets overlooked.
Aslan Wrote:Yet the media blows Lebrons little injury out of proportion and Kobe's great performance against Utah gets overlooked.

I can't stand that they do that. And the fact they do this shows they exspect Kobe to play through injury and be that good.
Not to bash the Lebron fans, but did anyone see Kobe's 40 point performance last night? Smile
Ballers Wrote:Not to bash the Lebron fans, but did anyone see Kobe's 40 point performance last night? Smile

Loved every last second of it.
Aslan Wrote:Nobody else has pressure on them? Kobe don't? Wade? Howard? Cmon. That's an extremely weak excuse.

Read on down in my post, i clearly stated that it wasnt an execuse but he does have more pressure to bring a championsip home to his home town that he leaved in his entore life...That still is no execuse for his poor performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next