•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2015
With Corbett presumably the starter at QB, will Belfry's run/pass ratio lean a little more toward the pass this upcoming season as opposed to last

The one area that would concern me if I were a Belfry fan (I usually pull for the Pirates when they're not playing Russell) is LB. Stanley and Hatfield will be hard to replace. With potentially a very good secondary and one of the best D-lines in the state regardless of class, how good do the LB's need to be?

Anyone care to take a stab at projecting the starting lineups on both sides of the ball?
samson81 Wrote:With Corbett presumably the starter at QB, will Belfry's run/pass ratio lean a little more toward the pass this upcoming season as opposed to last

The one area that would concern me if I were a Belfry fan (I usually pull for the Pirates when they're not playing Russell) is LB. Stanley and Hatfield will be hard to replace. With potentially a very good secondary and one of the best D-lines in the state regardless of class, how good do the LB's need to be?

Anyone care to take a stab at projecting the starting lineups on both sides of the ball?

You nailed the two biggest Question Marks about this team.

Corbett is a good problem to figure out. He has the most unique skillset Belfry has had at the QB position in a good while, but until he can prove he can master the little things and emerge as a leader in his actions it is hard to peg him as "the next big thing". I personally think you see the light switch flip and he becomes one oft he most dynamic offensive players in East Kentucky.

In regards to run vs. pass... Corbett can and will throw it.. but Belfry also returns considerable talent and experience in the backfield at the HB Position. Belfry was probably 96% run last year with Taylor at QB... with Corbett I think that passing percentage substantially increases, but I would still be shocked to see Belfry air it out more than 6 or 7 times a game.

Linebacker wise Belfry did lose two good ones..but they have another good one who was simply playing at another position. Nate Sanger was a beast at the start of the season when Haywood was trying to limit Hatfield's role in the hot summer months that didn't really matter in the playoff scheme. They ended up moving Sanger to the DL but I expect him to move back to LB and play very well.

The second LB spot remains the question but I have heard nothing but rave reviews of Derek Wellman. He will be a Sophomore but everything I have been told suggests he will be able to step in from Day One and be a strong asset and probably a three year starter.
^ I am inclined to agree with moving Sanger back to LB. I feel like there is less dropoff from him to the next guy at nose than at LB.
Hopefully Whitt will get a few more snaps at the nose position. Big strong kid and clogs up the middle along side Bentley and Horton.
No one posted that TJ Dotson got snaps at fullback during spring?
Belfry0304 Wrote:No one posted that TJ Dotson got snaps at fullback during spring?

TJ is a halfback and needs to play it more IMO. I'd say he was taking snaps because of baseball.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:TJ is a halfback and needs to play it more IMO. I'd say he was taking snaps because of baseball.

I think they were probably spitballing ideas... wanted to see how it looked. Heard positive things though.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I think they were probably spitballing ideas... wanted to see how it looked. Heard positive things though.

I'm sure he could play it if he had to. He is a ball player. He is a strong runner!!
Is Belfry and Hazard scrimmaging again this year as usual..
Someone asked me the other day the percent chance Belfry spreads it out with one or two backs and throws it a little more with no true fullback right now.

What's your % chance?
^ something like 2-3 percent. I think it is likely Corbett gets to throw it 6-8 times per game, but I think it will be out of the same set they have used for the last 5 years.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ something like 2-3 percent. I think it is likely Corbett gets to throw it 6-8 times per game, but I think it will be out of the same set they have used for the last 5 years.

I was thinking a little higher at like 10% - just wanted to see what everyone thought.
Yea I think TJ could run FB if coach Haywood needs him too and he might who knows but I also think he needs more reps at HB. He just hasn't really got the chance to show what he can do at the high school level as far as running the ball. We all know that he can play some pretty good D. They may use him more at WR now that Corbett is at QB. Looking forward to some more of those huge hit he delivers also.
^ No question Dotson is a baller. Even though he isn't as large, I see him splitting out on offense and bending back in to crack back on plays that go outside. Messer destroyed some guys with that and TJ hits as viscously.
I think this is what your talking about http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3548841/high...4393061/v2
pirate*fan#2 Wrote:Yea I think TJ could run FB if coach Haywood needs him too and he might who knows but I also think he needs more reps at HB. He just hasn't really got the chance to show what he can do at the high school level as far as running the ball. We all know that he can play some pretty good D. They may use him more at WR now that Corbett is at QB. Looking forward to some more of those huge hit he delivers also.

They used him a lot at WR last year. I'm pretty sure he led the team in receptions and yards as a receiver. He is an athlete. I really thought coach would have tried to make a QB out of him comin out of a middle school!!
2 months away. Saw several kids working out on the field after school a few times I was up that way last week. It's almost time.
Lets go pirates!
any news on Bentley?
Yes Bentley is only South for football camps. No other reason. He will be at Belfry.
Sorry, can't hold it back any more. Sick of the Bentley updates for years now. Wish the "adults" (daddies) would let the kid do the talking on the field. GOOD GOD!!!!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Sorry, can't hold it back any more. Sick of the Bentley updates for years now. Wish the "adults" (daddies) would let the kid do the talking on the field. GOOD GOD!!!!!!

let it out Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:let it out Confusednicker:

I know I can be hard to read at times.:igiveup:
is Bentley leaving the sinking ship or not? Confusednicker:
ok no takers on the trolling. Best of luck to the kid, he's a good one.
Put any kid you want in front of him. I just answer questions when asked or it's mentioned. Easier to answer one time instead multiple pm's. If I ain't mistaken he has answered everybody on the field with his play. As far as sinking ship with 7 offensive starters back and 8 defensive it's going to sail for a long time at Belfry. Sorry they don't mention your boy or his team on here. Come on over and watch them get inducted to the Pike Co hall of fame this evening. We may let you touch the state championship trophy. Lol. Your a joke.
Trying to figure out why pjdoug and jetpilot gets on a Belfry site. If you need I can send you some Belfry tapes to watch and maybe show your kids the right way to play football. Maybe you could make it to Bowling Green but I doubt it. So bring your kid and lets line them up. Lol. I will gladly put money on any of our offensive lineman against any of your d lineman. Or our defensive lineman against your offensive lineman. Any takers jetpilot or pjdoug. Didn't think so. #yourajoke #yourteamisajoke
proud44pirate Wrote:Trying to figure out why pjdoug and jetpilot gets on a Belfry site. If you need I can send you some Belfry tapes to watch and maybe show your kids the right way to play football. Maybe you could make it to Bowling Green but I doubt it. So bring your kid and lets line them up. Lol. I will gladly put money on any of our offensive lineman against any of your d lineman. Or our defensive lineman against your offensive lineman. Any takers jetpilot or pjdoug. Didn't think so. #yourajoke #yourteamisajoke

I obviously get on here to troll arrogant people like you that live in fantasy land.your ship has sailed and you probably wont ever be back in Bowling Green. I've been to Bowling Green several times Smile. my what is a joke? you are a joke,you're a joke etc.:happysmile:
^ You are a joke pjdoug.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ You are a joke pjdoug.
Your ship is going downConfusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next