•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2014
These old boys from Bell like to get on here and dog Corbin!! Well I guess I would be doing the same thing if Corbin would have won last year. Bell has had Corbin's # for a while. That gives them the right to brag I suppose but the tides are changing!! Corbin was a much better team then Bell last year but the bobcats figured out how to win, something Steve Jewell was unable to do!! I know haddix is no Vince Lambardi but he's got to be better then Jewell!! I don't think Jewell was that bad of a coach he just had a poor relationship with the kids!! He was like talking to a brick wall no emotions and no rapport with the students. I was able to see that first hand they the last several years. I'm hearing very good things from the players this year!! It's like day light and dark from last year!! Corbin has the athletes and I'm glad to see some of the kids that wouldn't play for Jewell coming out. Haddix will have this team hitting on all cylinders come district time!! What's funny is us Corbin fans and the Bell fans are on here talking about who's going to win the district but we all seem to forget who won it last year!! Wayne may have lost a stud in Guffey but they returned a lot too!! I'm predicting that Corbin goes 9-1 or 8-2 and wins district. I think it will be tuff sledding regardless. With bell and Wayne coming to Corbin I think that gives Corbin a leg up!!! Good luck to all the mountain teams!! Go big red!
Go Big Red! Wrote:These old boys from Bell like to get on here and dog Corbin!! Well I guess I would be doing the same thing if Corbin would have won last year. Bell has had Corbin's # for a while. That gives them the right to brag I suppose but the tides are changing!! Corbin was a much better team then Bell last year but the bobcats figured out how to win, something Steve Jewell was unable to do!! I know haddix is no Vince Lambardi but he's got to be better then Jewell!! I don't think Jewell was that bad of a coach he just had a poor relationship with the kids!! He was like talking to a brick wall no emotions and no rapport with the students. I was able to see that first hand they the last several years. I'm hearing very good things from the players this year!! It's like day light and dark from last year!! Corbin has the athletes and I'm glad to see some of the kids that wouldn't play for Jewell coming out. Haddix will have this team hitting on all cylinders come district time!! What's funny is us Corbin fans and the Bell fans are on here talking about who's going to win the district but we all seem to forget who won it last year!! Wayne may have lost a stud in Guffey but they returned a lot too!! I'm predicting that Corbin goes 9-1 or 8-2 and wins district. I think it will be tuff sledding regardless. With bell and Wayne coming to Corbin I think that gives Corbin a leg up!!! Good luck to all theoutain teams!! Go big red!

Wayne Co lost 17-18 starters.
I agree Wayne co. Is defending champ. Let's put all pressure on them.
Beast of a district with 3 good teams with 3 good coaches.
E's Army Wrote:Beast of a district with 3 good teams with 3 good coaches.

Yes it is.
Go Big Red! Wrote:These old boys from Bell like to get on here and dog Corbin!! Well I guess I would be doing the same thing if Corbin would have won last year. Bell has had Corbin's # for a while. That gives them the right to brag I suppose but the tides are changing!! Corbin was a much better team then Bell last year but the bobcats figured out how to win, something Steve Jewell was unable to do!! I know haddix is no Vince Lambardi but he's got to be better then Jewell!! I don't think Jewell was that bad of a coach he just had a poor relationship with the kids!! He was like talking to a brick wall no emotions and no rapport with the students. I was able to see that first hand they the last several years. I'm hearing very good things from the players this year!! It's like day light and dark from last year!! Corbin has the athletes and I'm glad to see some of the kids that wouldn't play for Jewell coming out. Haddix will have this team hitting on all cylinders come district time!! What's funny is us Corbin fans and the Bell fans are on here talking about who's going to win the district but we all seem to forget who won it last year!! Wayne may have lost a stud in Guffey but they returned a lot too!! I'm predicting that Corbin goes 9-1 or 8-2 and wins district. I think it will be tuff sledding regardless. With bell and Wayne coming to Corbin I think that gives Corbin a leg up!!! Good luck to all the mountain teams!! Go big red!

You guys really need to go back and read the first page. Corbin fans called Bell out with a prediction of a 22 point win, and a district championship. I understand your excitment with your new coach, but not going to happen. Times will change after a win or two over us. IT HAS NOT HAPPENED. Good luck see you soon. Better worry about Pulaski, with the new guy.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Wayne Co lost 17-18 starters.

I tried to look on KHSAA at Wayne Co's roster but it's not up yet!! The best I recall they have a ton of seniors returning!! If you think last year was a fluke you have lost your mind Coach Thompson has proven to be a heck of a coach!! He took a team that was at the bottom of the barrel for ever and played for a state title last year!! I'm just saying don't under estimate Wayne they have a great coach and plenty of kids to choose from!!
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Wayne Co lost 17-18 starters.

Wayne Co. lost 14 seniors, with around 9 of those being starters. They return 21 juniors from last year's team,including their top RB & also their 2nd leading receiver, so I wouldn't count them out.
How many new upperclassmen and freshmen are out for Corbin this summer? I noticed on KHSAA, it had 61 kids on the roster but that was just Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. Combine that with the new kids and freshmen, could we see 80, 85, or even 90 kids? That's insane for a 3A program.
Just got back from EKU 7 on 7..teams attending scrimmage.

CORBIN
MONTGOMERY COUNTY
LESLIE COUNTY
CLAY COUNTY
HAZARD
PIKE COUNTY CENTRAL
KNOX COUNTY CENTRAL
DANVILLE
EAST CARTER
ASHLAND
WEST JESSAMINE
ESTILL COUNTY
LAFAYETTE
WEST JESSAMINE

:Wave::Wave:
2nd leading reciver for Wayne will be QB. So that is like losing another starter.

Do they have 90 players or 40 players and 50 bodies? Sometimes too many is as bad as not enough. Spreads your coaches too thin and kids dont get the work they should.
64SUR Wrote:Just got back from EKU 7 on 7..teams attending scrimmage.

CORBIN
MONTGOMERY COUNTY
LESLIE COUNTY
CLAY COUNTY
HAZARD
PIKE COUNTY CENTRAL
KNOX COUNTY CENTRAL
DANVILLE
EAST CARTER
ASHLAND
WEST JESSAMINE
ESTILL COUNTY
LAFAYETTE
WEST JESSAMINE

:Wave::Wave:

And????
I watch all 5 of Corbin games.

Td 6 pts...Interception 3 pts....Turnover on downs 1 pts

1st game.

Corbin 25
Montgomery county 07

2nd game.

Corbin 22
Clay County 20
Corbin was down 20-0 and came back and score 22 straight pts.
( Clay County look good )

3rd game.

Corbin 20
Leslie County 13 or 19 ( Ref told me the last TD was no good ) My Leslie County friends said it was good.
Leslie County look good ( QB Kelvin Whitaker look Awesome )

4th game.

Corbin 28
Hazard 14
Williamsburg fans just stop Brandon Jones he is a monster.And hazard score late.

5th game.

Corbin 33
Ashland 13

Ashland score first then Corbin crush them.

Corbin look good...Glad I went met a lot of my Leslie County friends and coaching staff.And Hazard player and coaching staff who I'm close friends with Confusedhh: Confusedhh:Confusedhh:
HAROLD Wrote:How many new upperclassmen and freshmen are out for Corbin this summer? I noticed on KHSAA, it had 61 kids on the roster but that was just Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. Combine that with the new kids and freshmen, could we see 80, 85, or even 90 kids? That's insane for a 3A program.

I look for Corbin to have around 65-70 kids on the roster by the time the season starts.
Corbin rotated receivers after ever play now that was awesome. You don't see that a lot on 7 on 7 ...Confusederiously:
Monday Somerset at Corbin 7 on 7, does anyone know start time???
Cellking Wrote:Monday Somerset at Corbin 7 on 7, does anyone know start time???

I don't know about Somerset...but Thursday I think Corbin will play in another 7 on 7....I'm hearing that Whitley county, Breathitt County will be their, don't know the time I assume maybe 6.00pm Confusedinglepar
Coach Lucas told me yesterday, Somerset was going to Corbin Monday for a 7 on 7 .
HAROLD Wrote:How many new upperclassmen and freshmen are out for Corbin this summer? I noticed on KHSAA, it had 61 kids on the roster but that was just Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. Combine that with the new kids and freshmen, could we see 80, 85, or even 90 kids? That's insane for a 3A program.

Not for Corbin

Corbin should be able to replace the players they lost with that many kids out. Waddell is the only big loss on offense and jackson and liford on defense with most of the other spots being upgrades. The kid who transferred to KC would have started somewhere, his loss will be felt more the next season.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I look for Corbin to have around 65-70 kids on the roster by the time the season starts.
I was told by the Corbin equipment manager that they 83 players and issued 83 jerseys, that was all the jerseys they had.
The Outsider Wrote:Corbin should be able to replace the players they lost with that many kids out. Waddell is the only big loss on offense and jackson and liford on defense with most of the other spots being upgrades. The kid who transferred to KC would have started somewhere, his loss will be felt more the next season.

I would add Henson to that list.
7 on 7 today at corbin.:popcorn:
If your looking at what Corbin has lost from last year IMO there were 5 key players. On defense they lost two really good d-lineman Lifford and Lane they led the d-lineman in tackles and the other player was Kai Jackson if I'm not mistaking he led the entire team in tackles. On offense obviously the biggest loss was Waddle but Kai did make some big plays too, we also lost a really good O-lineman in Henson. I think they have plenty of options to fill all 5 positions but when you lose three of the best tacklers on defense it makes it tuff to reload. The hounds will miss Waddle no doubt but he was more of a role player then anything. I think the experience of the secondary will right the ship on D!! The hounds return seniors at the corners and they will have a senior middle line backer who has started every game since he was a sophomore. I'm a little concerned with Taylor at qb but he has a ton of room for improvement and who better then haddix to help him!!!

Go big red!!
64SUR Wrote:7 on 7 today at corbin.:popcorn:

I missed it. did you get video? :please:
I posted this in the Whitley thread and figured that I would do so here as well.

As with any 7 on 7, you cannot make assumptions on any team due to there being no line play. I stopped by on my way back home from Chattanooga and watched for about an hour since I was off work early. I too thought the atmosphere was great.

Corbin certainly looked to be the most skilled of the bunch but Whitley looked very crisp as well. Corbin seemed to be working on their long ball more whereas Whitley was focusing more on the quick slats and short passes. Breathitt looked to be doing more of the short game as well but I'll honestly say that I didn't pay them as much attention.

The biggest concern for Whitley seems to be reads. The QB did a fine job but did seem to be a little slower making the reads. That could lead to some picks in an 11 on 11 situation. His accuracy was very good and he put a nice touch on a few deeper balls. I definitely see Whitley taking a turn for the better. The recievers ran nice clean routes but may need to work on getting a little more separation. All in all, it was a nice day for the Colonels.

As for Corbin, sure, I'm a Redhound fan but I like to call things how I see them. The hype coming into this season is justified. They return a lot of talent and it showed. I was impressed with how well they seem to be adjusting to a non typical Corbin offense. The receivers ran very good routes, got the separation they needed and were definitely over powering the defense. What really stood out to me was Corbin's defense. As with any 7 on 7, the offense is going to complete a high percentage of passes but rarely did they get anything more. The Redhound D was quick to the ball and got the two hands on the WR almost as soon as he caught it. I think we will see a lot of big time hits from the Redhound secondary based on their reaction time and getting to the point of attack so soon.

It was definitely different to see programs like Corbin and Whitley work so much on the passing game but I think the future is going to be very fun. Again, I know this was a 7 on 7 but I hope both teams don't forget that their bread and butter was, is, and always will be overpowering teams and running the ball. It's just nice to see them add another weapon to their arsenal. It will really help down the road in the playoffs when they face teams from the city or Northern KY who aren't as old school.
I think the grid is pointless. Just risking injury to our players is all.
The 7 on 7 at Corbin was a big hit, great atmosphere bbq smoke and footballs filled the air, good crowd. The format was great Jv and freshman playing on one end varsity on the other. I didn't see 1 act of bad sportsmanship, and the kids had a great time. Thanks to coach Haddix and the redhound supporters for feeding ALL the kids from all teams bbq after the game. Dan Haddix (aka BBQ daddy),64SUR, and Davids Steakhouse really worked hard on this. Thanks to Whitley and coach Chappell and Breathitt County for their participation.
cherokee Wrote:The 7 on 7 at Corbin was a big hit, great atmosphere bbq smoke and footballs filled the air, good crowd. The format was great Jv and freshman playing on one end varsity on the other. I didn't see 1 act of bad sportsmanship, and the kids had a great time. Thanks to coach Haddix and the redhound supporters for feeding ALL the kids from all teams bbq after the game. Dan Haddix (aka BBQ daddy),64SUR, and Davids Steakhouse really worked hard on this. Thanks to Whitley and coach Chappell and Breathitt County for their participation.

this should be an annual event.
cherokee Wrote:The 7 on 7 at Corbin was a big hit, great atmosphere bbq smoke and footballs filled the air, good crowd. The format was great Jv and freshman playing on one end varsity on the other. I didn't see 1 act of bad sportsmanship, and the kids had a great time. Thanks to coach Haddix and the redhound supporters for feeding ALL the kids from all teams bbq after the game. Dan Haddix (aka BBQ daddy),64SUR, and Davids Steakhouse really worked hard on this. Thanks to Whitley and coach Chappell and Breathitt County for their participation.

That's one thing about the Haddix family, you are always going to eat good around them. "Dan is the man" when it comes to BBQ, and Danny is one of the best people you will ever meet. He loves God, family, and football. The same can be said about Coach Haddix. Not only is Corbin getting a great football coach, but also a great person.

On a side note, how did Corbin and Breathitt look?
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next