•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church 101
For those who may be scared at times, I use this verse for comfort for my children
Psalm 91:11
For he will command his angels concerning to guard you in your ways.

This short story is how I learned about this verse:
I heard a discussion about this verse on the radio but they did not read the verse, I had no idea at the time what it was about. A sudden severe storm hit about the time the discussion ended. I was driving on some back roads during the discussion, huge branches were falling on the road just in front and behind me and a tree fell across the road just before I got to it. It was like I had a bubble around my car. It was one of the few times I was scared during a storm. I could not wait to find a Bible to see what they were talking about.
This is one few times that I could truly understand that God was speaking to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world."

Psalm 46:10
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
God is Our Strength

He erected the pillars before the temple, one on the right, the other on the left, and called the one on the right Jachin [he shall establish] and the one on the left Boaz [in it is strength]. – 2 Chronicles 3:17 AMP
Solomon is building the Temple of the Lord, the holiest structure in human history, and the two pillars that would welcome everyone into that place were Jachin [he shall establish] and the one on the left Boaz [in it is strength]. And so as o...ne enters the temple of God, the reminder every time is that it is God who establishes. It is God who builds up and tears down – that our times, our lives, our hopes are all established by God. And on their left, they are reminded that in the place that God dwells, there is strength.

And so we have to understand the weight of this thought – that establishment and strength come from God. And the opposite is also true – that there is no establishment or strength apart from Him. How much of our lives have we given away to establishing ourselves and finding our own strength, and yet we realize that these things come from God alone. The opposite of establishment is destruction and the opposite of strength is weakness. When we choose to look at other means of establishment and strength, what we find every time is only things that destroy and weaken.

Now, take that context from the physical location of the Temple in the Old Testament, and read Paul’s words in 1 Corinthians 3:16 - Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? (NIV) The temple is now within us. God brings His establishment and strength from the external Temple to the interior of our lives. And so the way to strength is not outward, but rather a journey within us to meet God right in the center of our lives.

The choice that we have is to live in constant communion with the God who establishes and strengthens, and who through the Spirit who lives in us. But so many of us choose to live out of our own establishment and weakness, while missing the God who establishes us on our right and strengthens us on our left. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit. May we choose to live in the Spirit, to allow God to build and establish our lives, and to be our strength.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.dailyintheword.org/today
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Peaceful stillness is my natural state.

On a quiet morning, when the wind is calm, a mountain lake is still and serene. Calm is the natural state of the waters just as peaceful stillness is my natural state of being.

If I feel agitated by conditions in the outer world, I remember that beyond the waves of anxiety or doubt, there is a reservoir of peace.

I may not be able to quiet the activity of others, but I can quiet my own. I slow down and take a meditative pause. I inhale and exhale with the intention of soothing my state of mind. I don’t deny difficulty, but I aim to address it with calm serenity.

I return to my natural state of inner stillness. True peace is found within me. I allow that peace to guide my words and actions.

He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed.—Psalm 107:29

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Peaceful stillness is my natural state.

On a quiet morning, when the wind is calm, a mountain lake is still and serene. Calm is the natural state of the waters just as peaceful stillness is my natural state of being.

If I feel agitated by conditions in the outer world, I remember that beyond the waves of anxiety or doubt, there is a reservoir of peace.

I may not be able to quiet the activity of others, but I can quiet my own. I slow down and take a meditative pause. I inhale and exhale with the intention of soothing my state of mind. I don’t deny difficulty, but I aim to address it with calm serenity.

I return to my natural state of inner stillness. True peace is found within me. I allow that peace to guide my words and actions.

He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed.—Psalm 107:29

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Let Go, Let God

I LET GO AND LET GOD OPEN MY MIND AND HEART TO RECEIVE.

When facing challenges, I remember to “let go and let God.” The first step is to release. I let go of what I am holding to in consciousness. Just as empty and open hands are free to receive, I am open and available to receive from Spirit.

I let go of worry and welcome clarity of thought. I let go of how things “should” be and open my mind and heart to receive what is. I let go of hurry and impatience and affirm I have the time and energy to do what is mine to do.

I release resentment and blame, and God expresses through me as gratitude. I free myself from anger and upset, and God demonstrates as joy. I liberate myself from confusion, and God reveals peace. I release, let go, and let God be God in my life.

For we walk by faith, not by sight.—2 Corinthians 5:7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

:thumpsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Deep breadth folks...you are alive and breathing, sometimes it is just that simple. Giving God the glory in all of your lives . The key is to honor his presence in it.

One of the most powerful verses in the bible when we tap into that power is:

Psalm 46:10

10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

In other words he's got your back and loves you when we retreat from the chaos in our lives and just breadth and we allow ourself to tap into Gods will, leave the enemies will, and become disciplined, adaptable disciples of Christ. Grab a bible, open a page, and be consistent in reading it. It's just that simple...blessings upon you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Decisions

EVERY DECISION OFFERS ME A BLESSING.

When making a decision, I relax knowing that every choice offers me a blessing. I do not allow myself to become anxious that one choice will be “wrong” and another “right.” Whether I turn right or left; go or stay; say yes or no, God is with me. I ease my mind by knowing I am never apart from the Divine Creator.

I claim my power to choose and celebrate the wisdom that guides me. Any direction I take is a fresh path to adventure, new experiences, and deeper understanding. I don’t dwell on what might have happened on another path. With God, I cannot make a wrong choice. I embrace my journey! My lessons, gifts, and blessings are right where I am.

The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your needs … and you shall be … like a spring of water, whose waters never fail.—Isaiah 58:11
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I AM FLEXIBLE AND YOUNG IN SPIRIT.

The spirit of God is at the very core of my being. It is my Source of eternal youth and life. I recognize this flowing force that keeps me alive, breath by breath and heartbeat by heartbeat.

I do not limit my capacity to express the life of Spirit by being inflexible or stuck. I refuse to become crystallized in old thoughts or ways of being. I affirm my true nature in Spirit—I am an ever-flowing, ever-renewing expression of Infinite Life.

I live this truth by expressing openness and resiliency. I am flexible in mind and body. I am conscious of my life, energy, and strength. I express the vitality and youthfulness of Spirit within.

For you shall go out in joy, and be led back in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall burst into song.—Isaiah 55:12
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Write It Down...

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST IN ME.

Today I let the power of my words flow. I write down my ideas as they come to me, recording my special needs and desires. I write an original message of Truth for myself.

If I need healing, I create a simple healing statement—God is my health. I write it down and add my healing thoughts and prayers. If I seek greater harmony, prosperity, or peace, I write about the fulfillment of that need—God is healing me now. Love harmonizes my relationships. I am prospered by divine ideas. I abide in the peace of God. I read my affirmations aloud, and envision good results.

I may also find a Bible verse that speaks to my heart and fits my need. When I put my faith into words, I call forth the creative power of Spirit in me.

Be doers of the word.—James 1:22
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Playing catch up on this years message:

11/30

Faith sets my feet confidently on the path to my good.

12/1

If you cannot believe in much, then believe in the little that you can. Start where you are and grow.

12/2

Know that God can help and can heal any condition or situation, no matter how frightening or distressing the appearances.

12/3

But if God clothes the grass of the field, will he not much more clothe you...you of little faith. -Mathew 6:30

12/4

He said to them, " Why are you afraid? Have you still no faith?" -Mark 4:40

12/5

Today we live in the light, for the light, and by the light.

12/6

When he came and saw the grace of God, he rejoiced, and he exhorted them all to remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast devotion.

12/7

All possibilities for peace and prosperity are available to us as we release old patterns of behavior and overcome thoughts and actions that have divided us in the past.

12/8

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

12/9

May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in all ways.

12/10

And they shall name him Emmanuel, which means, "God is with us." -Mathew 1:23

12/11

I can choose to see the beauty of the divine pattern established by the Creator, the Holy One, unfolding in the world I see....and in my heart.

-Rev. Tom Thorpe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
12/12

In that region there were shepherds in the fields, keeping watch ove rtheir flock by night. -Luke 2:8

12/13

Inspirations abound as we open and believe.

12/14

Love one another...John 13:34

12/15

Deep within each of us is the Christ Self waiting to be awakened. This is what the Advent season is all about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I OPEN GIFTS OF PEACE, JOY, HOPE, AND LOVE.

It’s Christmas! Joy and excitement fill the air. I have gifts to open and to share. I open the gift of peace. I have peace of mind and heart because I am one with God. I share it with the world through acts of kindness and prayers for harmony among all.

I open the gift of joy. I rejoice in the birth of the Christ within me. My realization of the kingdom of God within fills me with appreciation for the happiness of this season and of every day. I open the gift of hope. I expect good to come to me and to those I love. Good is available this very moment.

I open the gift of love. Love is unconditional good. It allows me to see the best in others and to be kind and compassionate to all. Thank you, God, for the gifts of Christmas!

To you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord.—Luke 2:11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.lords-prayer-words.com/times/...rayer.html

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Enjoy this Ravi Zacharias video:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I am a presence of peace in the world.

World peace begins with people who are peaceful within themselves. It starts with those who find nonviolent ways to settle disputes. They respect others, honor differences, and realize God is in everyone. With every person who finds tranquility, the collective energy of peace grows, like a gentle breeze stirring love within all it touches.

The Christ Essence within me is my source of inner calm and the seed of peace in the world. I connect with it by centering myself, relaxing my mind, and opening my heart. As I feel the loving presence of Spirit, I am at peace. I imagine this harmonious energy radiating into the world and carrying my prayer for peace into the hearts of all people.

Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.—Romans 14:19
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

Thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set your glory in the heavensThrough the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels
and crowned them with glory and honor. You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
you put everything under their feet: all flocks and herds, and the animals of the wild, the birds in the sky, and the fish in the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas.
LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Gallerie...eZiwGMM.99

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Be blessed and have a great day. You control your mindset, attitude, your present...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Hope all of you had a blessed Good Friday!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

Enjoy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Francis Chan: Holy Spirit Quotes

https://www.google.com/search?q=francis+...d=0CDcQsAQ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Make it a blessed Sunday folks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
1 John 4:9-11

In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Relevant...

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. — 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine. — 1 Timothy 1:9-10

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. — Romans 1:26-27
God is good all the time...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
World Peace

I SEE PEACE IN EVERY HEART AND IN EVERY SITUATION.

My heart joins with others who desire peace in the world. In crowded cities and remote farms; in humid heat and crisp cold; with one voice or with a congregation, we all affirm peace.

As I take a gentle breath, I experience Oneness with all. I center my attention in my heart and connect with others praying at this very moment. I utter the word peace, and imagine it echoing in hundreds of languages, dialects, and accents. The power of prayer knows no boundaries and for that I give thanks.

I feel the energy of peace in many hearts around the globe. I affirm: Peace is possible in every heart and in every situation! Peace prevails as we breathe as one.

Agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.—2 Corinthians 13:11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next