Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
13.64%
Pikeville
86.36%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Pikeville 11/23
Pikeville 28
Raceland 7
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Now when you say speed do you mean over all team speed or individual players? Just asking cause I know for a fact Assland has two kids that will smoke any kid off of Pikevilles team....by a lot !! No joke the Pittman kid and I forget the receivers name...but both of those two kids are hands down faster then anybody on the field in this Friday’s game!
He means overall team speed I believe. But we DO have some very fast individual players as well.
In all seriousness This game may produce the most speed between two teams from the east in a good while.
Did Raceland get black helmets? My Town TV is posting interviews of Raceland players with black helmets in the background.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Did Raceland get black helmets? My Town TV is posting interviews of Raceland players with black helmets in the background.
Those were just the middle school helmets and locker room.
FootballGuy Wrote:Those were just the middle school helmets and locker room.

I see. They look better than the varsity helmets.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Thanksgiving BGR. Can't wait for Friday night. The more film I watch I still say close game for most of it. Raceland's Defense looks good and tackles well. But if Pikeville gets up early It could be a long night for them. I think Pikeville can score a TD a quarter.
Pikeville 28
Raceland 14
Good Luck to the Rams tomorrow.
Jarons Wrote:I see. They look better than the varsity helmets.

Not even close
I may be mistaken, and correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Pikeville’s 4x in track smoke Raceland’s track team this past season. I know Pikeville won Region, and I thought some of the skill players from Raceland ran track as well.
4everUK Wrote:I may be mistaken, and correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Pikeville’s 4x in track smoke Raceland’s track team this past season. I know Pikeville won Region, and I thought some of the skill players from Raceland ran track as well.

Pikeville didn’t win the regional team title in track. I can’t speak for the relays but I do know that Raceland’s boys track team has won 6 consecutive regional championships.
Yes Pikeville won the 4x100 at the regional track meet and Raceland was 3rd.
I have no idea how much team speed Raceland has but this is the fastest Pikeville team I can remember ever.
jetpilot Wrote:Yes Pikeville won the 4x100 at the regional track meet and Raceland was 3rd.
I have no idea how much team speed Raceland has but this is the fastest Pikeville team I can remember ever.

Jet do all 4 relay runners play football?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Jet do all 4 relay runners play football?

Results list 6 per team for some reason nowadays. 5 of the 6 play football although one only played a couple games and has been out. The other 4 are key players who play both ways a lot. And there are several more on the team as fast as those guys. Pikeville also won the 4x200 at region. Raceland 3rd in that one as well.
Go ahead and bring your track team to a street fight! Rams by eleventy billion!
Big difference in track speed and football speed fellas!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Big difference in track speed and football speed fellas!

Have to agree with that but speed is good to have in space but in football it’s definitely deferent. Just like you said before the two guys from Ashland Are faster than anyone on the field in this game( but not trying to argue but I don’t feel that way but that’s your opinion and that’s fine) but it didn’t help them against Johnson Central. No matter how much speed you have if the other team keeps it bottled up they aren’t going anywhere. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Raceland claims they have the fastest two kids left in the playoffs & everyone calls them out on it, lol. Now that we've all found out they didn't get gold or silver in Region it's no longer a track meet it's a street fight. You guys are to much, Pikeville has a good combination of speed, size, & physicality. Bring these invincible Rams down 23, i'm sure the Panthers are ready to go. Good luck to both teams & I'll be rooting for the East in the Championship regardless.
Pikeville - 35
Raceland - 14
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Big difference in track speed and football speed fellas!
Not when your track guys are football players! Why do you think all the fastest skill players in college and NFL were track stars as well.
I don’t think Hensley ran track because of baseball and Raines wasn’t yet eligible. And they may be the fastest two Panthers.
Is the game going to be streamed tomorrow night?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
23.5 hours left.

Speed kills, yes. Speed with toughness is a sign of greatness. Not all track stars are football stars for a reason, it takes a different breed to play the game. We will get answers tomorrow, and perhaps an update thread and after game recap that may approach legendary status. For me, all I know is this, tomorrow will be the last game at Hambley for 17 seniors, 6 of whom were freshmen together on the last state championship team. My message to the team, and specifically those players is this: you have a chance to further cement your legacy. Play hard, leave it all out there, have your brothers back. The chance to have one more shot at a title comes down to focus, execution, and drive. You have represented Pikeville so well already, you have already made us all proud. Get it.

Raceland fans, be safe in your travels down 23, look forward to seeing y’all there.
23.5 hours left.

Speed kills, yes. Speed with toughness is a sign of greatness. Not all track stars are football stars for a reason, it takes a different breed to play the game. We will get answers tomorrow, and perhaps an update thread and after game recap that may approach legendary status. For me, all I know is this, tomorrow will be the last game at Hambley for 17 seniors, 6 of whom were freshmen together on the last state championship team. My message to the team, and specifically those players is this: you have a chance to further cement your legacy. Play hard, leave it all out there, have your brothers back. The chance to have one more shot at a title comes down to focus, execution, and drive. You have represented Pikeville so well already, you have already made us all proud. Get it.

Raceland fans, be safe in your travels down 23, look forward to seeing y’all there.

Go Panthers! Take State!

Love this one they play at the games. Really sets the tone!
It's gaaaaaame daaaaaayyyyyyyy!
Thanks to Panther Thunder and Jet for those two videos and would love to here that when the Panthers come on to the field. Well Panthers this is the one you been waiting for and as Jet said it’s game day. It’s up you you young men to get it done. Raceland is not coming to Pikeville to lose they are coming for a war and they are very talented but so are these Panthers. Have a lot of faith in this Panthers team and remember do your jobs and leave all on the field. Love these Panthers but remember all gas no brakes but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Go Panthers!
pjdoug Wrote:Go Panthers!

Thanks PJDoug, wish you could have made it up but hope you had a good Thanksgiving and hurry and get a coach at Whitley County and hope he is a good one.
Will the game be live streaming anywhere?
Best of luck to rams tonight and hope it is a injury free game for both teams
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next