Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons
(09-15-2021, 08:45 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 07:53 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 07:34 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 06:43 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I’m not defending Milley. I find it remarkable how far you’re going to defend an actual proven traitor. 

Maybe he could have, but that wasn’t the narrative that Woodward put together. 

Since we’re talking woulda coulda Trump woulda started WW3 if he knew he was losing the election.

The Civil War is over. Let it go. Yes, you have already defended Milley by your attempted distraction from the real issue and your attacks on the messengers. The rest of us recognize your M.O. and it is too late to join the conservatives in condemning Milley's betrayal. Milley's actions are not defensible and the laughing smilies in the defense of a traitor seem out of place. 

Let's see how long it will take for somebody to tell Biden that it is time to replace Milley. My guess is that the pressure to relieve Milley of his current assignment will come from within the military. I don't think that China Joe Biden will take a chance on firing Milley and upsetting China. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Democrats blame Trump for Milley's treason. They are pretty creative when it comes to blaming victims.
Quote:Milley Confirms Woodward Book Reports on Undermining President Trump with Calls to China and Meeting on Nuclear Launch Orders

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley released a statement through a spokesman that confirmed the reporting in the new book Peril by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa that stated Milley had two conversations with his counterpart in the Chinese military that undermined President Trump and also a meeting Milley had with military leaders to insert himself into the nuclear launch command to subvert Trump’s authority as commander-in-chief after the January 6 riot at the Capitol.

Milley’s statement confirms the phone calls to China, but does not provide the substance. His comments on the nuclear launch command meeting confirms most of the book but does not deny any of the reporting. Milley asserts everything he did was legal, by the books and was “within his authority in the lawful tradition of civilian control of the military and his oath to the Constitution.”
Yes it is but those who celebrate traitors don’t get to call anyone a traitor.  That includes you Hoot. Your confederate love and your being an apologist for “violent domestic terrorists led by white supremacists with motives to usurp the election process” disqualifies you from judging anything that a 31 year veteran does in service of this country. 

If he broke the chain of command he should answer for his violations, but the grandstanding from you and loud mouthed Congressmen who lack the backbone to hold real traitors accountable is absolutely disgusting. 

Pretty easy to blame big baby Trump. Adults in the room had to keep the baby from destroying the world. 

Now the death cult is really pissed. You guys were so close to the end of the world!
Please stop lying about me, Cardfan1. Advocating that we judge historical figures in the context of the times in which they lived is not "celebrating" them. It is mostly liberals and radical Islamic fundamentalists who are on a mission to erase large chunks of history by toppling statues, changing street names, and generally demonizing historical figures who were widely regarded as great men in their own time, as they glorify modern day social media "stars" and common thugs. But that is the subject for another thread. This thread is about the alleged treason of General Milley.

Even I am amazed at how quickly you decided that the right thing to do with a traitor was to blame Donald Trump. What is ironic is that the best play politically for Democrats to gain some credibility would have been to have led the charge to fire Milley. They could have made Milley the fall guy for Biden's screw-up of the withdrawal from Afghanistan and rid the country of a traitor. 

Biden's poll numbers would have gone up because the Never Trumpers and independents would have been impressed by Democrats' unusual lack of partisanship. But liberals' minds cannot fathom acting in a nonpartisan way, even for political gain. They would rather pretend that a traitor is a hero because he once was part of Trump's administration. So, you continue to mischaracterize a small riot at the Capitol as an insurrection and praise the traitor under your noses.
Hoot, seems there is more to the story than what Woodward reported.

Will you check out the rest of the book to see if he says anything else  you like?  Big Grin 

A small riot at the Capitol to usurp the election process and injure Congressmen.
So, the Democrat talking points have been distributed and the Biden apologists are at it again.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons - by Hoot Gibson - 09-15-2021, 08:52 PM