Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ?
(05-01-2021, 11:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 09:07 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: A sincere question for our conservative friends(most notably, Hoot, Jet, and TRT)--- Is there anything that you liked about what the president said in his speech?  Some of the things he mentioned should be easy for any American to get behind. The words and thoughts were very positive, very pro- America. I obviously don't know this man's heart anymore than any of you do, but he seems like a kind man who wants to do well for a country he has served for decades. Even long-serving, staunch conservatives  in Congress respect the man and say that he's a good and decent man.  Is there anything positive you can say about this man?   I've almost always been able to find at least one or two things about men like the Bushes, Nixon, Ford, or even Reagan that I liked. Trump is the only GOP president that I couldn't find a single thing to like. Not one thing.  What about Biden?  If you had the opportunity to meet him and shake his hand, is there something good you would be able to say to him or about his decades of service to the country?

Lindsey Graham:  "If you can't admire Joe Biden as a person, then you got a problem.  You need to do some self-evaluation. ... What's not to like? "  Is there anything you admire about this man or about the ideas he spoke about in his speech or is self- evaluation in order?   Thanks in advance for your responses.

Liberal: Lindsey Graham is a conservative. Lindsey Graham thinks Joe Biden is swell. You are a conservative. You should agree with Lindsey Graham.

Me: Lindsey Graham is not a conservative. Lindsey Graham was one of the Gang of Eight that promoted amnesty for illegal aliens. My political opinions are not based on other people's opinions. I have been following American politics closely for nearly 40 years. Why do liberals feel such a strong compulsion to align their opinions with those of other people when they have their own functional eyes and ears? Do you not trust your own senses to form your own opinions?

I have made my opinion of Joe Biden very clear and will not waste my time restating what I have already written. A speech that was full of Marxist-Leninist proposals has not changed my opinion of Joe Biden in any way. Although I do not always disagree with Graham, the man is a snake.
Which Marxist-leninist proposals get your goat, Hooter? 

Expanded preschool?
free community college? 
taxpayer funded childcare?
improved elder care?  
safe water programs? 

those the ones that make you hate Joe Biden?  Or are there others?
Messages In This Thread
RE: President Biden's Address to Congress... Your Thoughts ? - by Cardfan1 - 05-02-2021, 08:11 AM