Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Russell Semi Finals (predictions, thoughts)
They're not hard nosed or speesters. Kasey and Tommy do have the speed in the open field to open up a huge play, but still not speedsters. They're what I can slippery running backs. Their plays develop very slowly and they just try to find a tiny hole or seam in the defense to run through. **<----They are very good at this** Most teams get killed in the backfield when running slow developing plays, they don't, they run it very, very well.

I call them slippery running backs. They run hard but they're not going to just run over people and they don't have that definite breakaway speed you see from a lot of players. They're very small. They're tallest runner will be maybe 5'10-5'11 and the heaviest being 190 lbs. They're very good at breaking arm tackles and they just continually find tiny gaps and seams as they run down field. They do lots of cutting back and forth. They're specialty is to get a defender running one way, then cut through that defender's back shoulder forcing him to only be able to try to make an arm tackle or just hold and slow the back up enough for the rest of the team to get there. They will not go down easily. They have great balance. You'll see their jerseys in a defensive players hand and they keep running and stretch the jersey until the defensive player can't hold on anymore.

I know that looks really messy and looks like jibberish for the most part, but I hope that clears it up a little bit.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry @ Russell Semi Finals (predictions, thoughts) - by Tomcat68 - 11-21-2005, 05:55 PM