Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the difference between D2 and NAIA
Harry Doyle Wrote:If you go back and check, Georgetown took 1-AA power, Wofford College to the wire a few years back. Also, Campbellsville University took 1-AA Austin Peay to the woodshed, 3 out of four occasions from 2001-2004. Austin Peay was in the Pioneer Conference during that time, along with Morehead State.

I agree with another poster, I don't know if there's is much difference at all in terms of talent levels when you talk about the best of the best in 1-AA Non-scholarship, D-2 and NAIA.
Check back and you'll also see the Morehead beat Wofford a few years back and those Austin Peay teams in the early 2000's were the worst in the Pioneer League. Everybody took Peay to the woodshed then, including Morehead, who beat the life out of Peay regularly. In 2009, the Eagles were very young and their record showed it in the end. In 2008, a very average MSU team only lost by a touchdown at EKU, who won the OVC that year. There is a talent difference between I-AA and I-AA non-scholarship, but its not as wide as many think. MSU has knocked off quite a few scholarship teams since going non-scholly.

Now, that said, I'd like to see a matchup between MSU and Georgetown. I think it'd be a good. On some years, the Tigers would beat the Eagles, but over the long haul, MSU would come out on top more often.
Messages In This Thread
Whats the difference between D2 and NAIA - by redsfan01 - 05-07-2010, 02:01 PM