Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's offshore drilling working out for conservatives now?
Old School Wrote:You are wrong if you think that violations in coal minies are not being corrected. Once a violation has been issued the coal company must correct the violation within a specified time which is set by the inspector. The amount of time given to abate the violation varies depending on the severity of the infraction, some must corrected within 24 hours while others may be given a couple of days. Many of these violations are corrected before the inspector leaves the mine.

However, statements have been made by the media that based on inspections one particular mining company in which we not mention names on here at one mine alone had multiple violations which were not corrected thus resulting in serious injuries. That same mine has had multiple incidents and are still under operation. Am I saying that all companies or operations do this no, nor do oil companies however, some do cut corners and if you believe other wise then you are naive. It happens in all businesses food industry, motor, etc etc. Our systems are flawed because we see no wrong in these situations untill a cotastrophy happens plain and simple. Companies are meant to make as much money at any cost, set record profits etc. etc. Based on that we produce flawed materials in part is why recall rates in the united states have almost tripled in the last two decades.
Messages In This Thread
How's offshore drilling working out for conservatives now? - by 15thRegionSlamaBamma - 05-06-2010, 12:13 AM