Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to Reports.......Seattle Columnist Slams Coach Cal
FootballManiac Wrote:Its funny how such a great coach and ambassador to the game of basketball can be so widely hated. Get over it!!!!! Players want to play for Cal, 'cause in many situations they know it is the best choice for them and their career. I understand Cal probably tells them what they want to hear, but he must not be lieing to them because they continue to praise him even after they are in the NBA. Yes, NBA is in bold because thats where most players who play for coach Cal end up. Also Cal has the ability to get players ready for the NBA in one year, and Jones has made it clear he hopes to be a one and done player. Im sure coach Cal probably reminded Jones of these facts. He probably stoped and decided to think about what was best for him and not what was best for his friends, and people who's feelings he did not want to hurt. Players commit to schools and then change their mind all the time. Seriously, it happens all the time. But when a player commits to play for a school and then decides to play for Kentucky instead, everyone automatically assumes that something low and under the table happened. They need to start assuming that coach Cal is probably the best recruiter in college basketball history, and Kentucky has the number one basketball program in the history of NCAA basketball. All this going along with the best fans in the country. Top notch players want to play for Kentucky. No Cheating needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can a coach with TWO final fours vacated under his watch be such a great ambassador to the game of basketball? I thought coach Cal was sleazy before he came to UK, I still think that he is still sleazy as the coach at UK. I have been a fan of UK nearly all of my life. I really did not want UK to hire Calipari because I believe ultimately he destroy what has been restored since UK went on probation in 1988. I do not care if his players make it to the NBA. I want team that will championships and not be vacated.
Messages In This Thread
According to Reports.......Seattle Columnist Slams Coach Cal - by Jarons - 05-03-2010, 08:04 AM