Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to Reports.......Seattle Columnist Slams Coach Cal
"According to Reports" is what Steve Kelley, Seattle Times staff columnist, said as he begin his bashing of Coach Cal talking to Terrence Jones.

Then after their announcements, according to reports, Jones showed enough class to call Kentucky coach John Calipari to tell Calipari he was going to Washington.
"Who knows what Calipari told Jones? Who knows what suggestions and promises were made? Who knows what game-changing strategy Calipari was employing?"

As soon as Steve Kelley started his article, it had a tone to it, that you knew wasn't going to be good. Coach Cal is getting bashed all because of what one reporter wants to say is "According to Reports." I mean are you for real dude? Reports? This Steve Kelly was not even in Portland, OR, when Terrence Jones made his announcement to play for Washington. But it gets better.

"Already he(Calipari) is 1 for 1 against the Huskies this recruiting season, signing Turkish big man Enes Kanter, who earlier was assumed to be going to Washington."

Again, he uses "assumed" to make his statement.

But wait, this one is even better: " Maybe Calipari's talk with Jones wasn't against NCAA rules, but it was sleazy."

How can this guy call it sleazy? Because all he is got is an "According to Reports", and it sounds like is "assuming again". Check out the entire article, read it, and tell me what you think. I will include the columnists email as well.

http://www.nationofblue.com/according-re...-cal-1036/
Messages In This Thread
According to Reports.......Seattle Columnist Slams Coach Cal - by Strikeout King - 05-03-2010, 01:48 AM