Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall, Cousins, Orton, and Bledsoe officially declaring for NBA Draft
RavenBoy Wrote:I was joking but seriously do you realize how lucky we were to get a class like that past year? They will never be another class like that one. Noone as big as cousins or as good as wall.
The reason we will suck next year is because we wont get all those recruits. Id say we only get 2 or 3. As of right now we have 8 spots, you know it wont be all 5 star recruits.
I hope we get all of them and were awesome but Its just hard for me to picture all those guys going to UK!

UK won't "suck", I assure you.

Did you forget who UK has behind the wheel? Coach Cal (like it or not FBALL). He took an NIT team to a regional final appearance by bringing in one of the best recruiting classes anyone has ever seen. You don't think Cal can bring in the big named recruits every year? Watch and see. Cal took a guy like Patrick Patterson and made him as good as he can possibly be (which is pretty darn good by the way). I love what he done with this year's team and how he maximized everyone's potential. Don't think he do any of this again next year? The year after? Every year? Watch and see.

I agree that Kentucky won't be as talented as they were this past season. There isn't anyone out there left with the size of Cousins and Orton. UK snagged the most talented big man left when they picked up Enes Kanter (who is a stud incase you haven't watched his videos). I think UK will be pretty strong in the backcourt with Poole and especially if they can pick up Knight, Selby, Joesph, Ross or whoever.

C.J. Leslie would make us more athletic and solid on the wings and down low. Returnees Darius Miller and Darnell Dodson (hopefully Dodson will be back) will give us assurance at the 3-spot.

If we can snag Terrence Jones, I believe he would compliment Kanter well at the 4-spot. Jones is a guy who can play like Patterson. He's versatile and can handle the ball well for a 6'8 forward.

I assure you all, you're worrying too much. The recruiting scene is about to get interesting and seeing Wall and comp. go to the draft gives me even more confidence that we will get the recruits we want. You'll hear guys are leaning one way and go another. It's a crazy time if you follow recruiting news. Eric Bledsoe was supposedly a lock for Florida last year and all the sudden committed to UK. I'm telling you folks, just let it play out.
Messages In This Thread
Wall, Cousins, Orton, and Bledsoe officially declaring for NBA Draft - by outdoorsman43 - 04-07-2010, 09:35 PM