Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Morning..the morning of March 22, 2010.
thecavemaster Wrote:Conyers, it seems to me, probably has people on staff, or at least access to, much scholarship in constitutional principle. I thought I heard him mention that, as he suggested that if the bill were unconstitutional, in part or whole, he would, as chairman of Judiciary Committee, have fought it himself.
The Chairman of the Judiciary Committee should not need to consult with his staff to accurately cite the "promote the general welfare" language in the US Constitution. Nor does it take a constitutional scholar to understand that "general welfare" does not give Democrats carte blanche to pass any legislation that they deem good for their Americans.

None of the enumerated rights gives the federal government the right to dictate the purchase of goods and purchases by American citizens. The "Good and Welfare" [sic] clause is not an enumerated power, so it cannot be used as the basis to trample the rights of states or the citizens of those states.

Conyers is an undeclared communist. An admirer of Chavez, Castro, and other left wing dictators far and near. He has no love for the US Constitution and the fact that he is Nancy Pelosi's pick to chair the Judiciary Committee demonstrates her "love" for the document.
Messages In This Thread
This Morning..the morning of March 22, 2010. - by Hoot Gibson - 03-24-2010, 08:14 PM