Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Morning..the morning of March 22, 2010.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:That is exactly right. Thus the mutitude of those recieving assistance benefits who are more than willing to work for cash. It also applies to many unemployment recipitants who dont attempt to find a job until the very last moment that they are not able to keep drawing their unemployment benefits. I have offered countless people over the years jobs that were at that time unemployed only to be told that if I had something open when they ran out of unemployment they might be interested. Also, you would not believe the amount of people that I have call, "not show up" mind you, asking for a job knowing that I may not be currently hiring someone. It's part of the process where you have to show your intent of finding employment. It's abused to no end.

In my opinion, we need to revisit the whole issue, take a long look at what behaviors we want as a society and find ways to make those behaviors more lucrative than their opposite. There will always be those who "dog" the system, no matter how devised, but I think smarter, more efficient programs can be designed if folks get on the same page and realize that "here's something for nothing" is bad for individual dignity and society.
Messages In This Thread
This Morning..the morning of March 22, 2010. - by thecavemaster - 03-22-2010, 07:20 PM