Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Morning..the morning of March 22, 2010.
thecavemaster Wrote:If a person rolls the dice, reasons I'm young, I'm careful etc. etc. and chooses to have no health insurance, does society, then, have an obligation to bail them out on that choice when often expensive emergency care is needed? If an adult refuses to carry medical insurance (for whatever reason) even though it is made affordable to them, how, then, is society to respond when that same person gets injured or ill?

First off, society already does that. In an emergency situation there is no hospital anywhere in this country that will refuse a person in a grave condition, and you know that.

Secondly, what is affordable, and what is not affordable? People have the tendency to buy all of the latest technological gadgets or participate in whatever expensive forms of entertainment they may choose, and then claim "insurance buying abilities" impossible. I know that you being a resident of eastern Kentucky, see blatant examples of what I am referring to. How do you measure the impact of someones failure to recognize priorities and then state what is affordable or unaffordable?

BTW, Massachusetts residents claim that their health insurance premiums have gone up since their state mandated program went into effect.
Messages In This Thread
This Morning..the morning of March 22, 2010. - by Mr.Kimball - 03-22-2010, 05:12 PM