Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 58 Fairivew 57 (64 District Chamionship)
Squid Wrote:I think they missed Adams as much in terms of depth as anything else. By the start of the fourth quarter, Collins was gassed. He was pretty much carrying the load in terms of ball handling. Gunter played well for Fairview. He has come a long way over the last two seasons.

For Ashland, Whetsel kept the Tomcats in the game when they really needed a lift.

Congrats to the Tomcats! Great job even though every statistic indicates we should have lost we still managed to find a way to win.

It is what it is with Fairview. Adams always plays hard but I am hard pressed to state that he would have made a difference. Not a knock on the kid, good player, but for whatever reason howbeit to me Ashland has Fairview's number this year. It boils down to the fact that Fairview lacks a true point guard. Adams has incredible athletic ability and can get to the basket but his natural position is probably small forward. The Stai kid plays hard and has improved but still not a true point guard. Could you imagine Will Skaggs on Fairview's team?

Great effort by both teams and for the most part great sportsmanship.

On a side note, I am thrilled to see a Dentist, an Accountant, and a Doctor all converted to Maroonism...all that was missing was a Lawyer. Thanks guys for cheering for us! I failed to mention that the concession stand had plenty of tooth picks for getting the morsels of crow out of your teeth. From rollicking in blue suede shoes to enrobing the maroon...I still believe in miracles!

A three team district...thanks D.A.D.
Messages In This Thread
Ashland 58 Fairivew 57 (64 District Chamionship) - by Ashland Diomedes - 02-27-2010, 10:45 AM