Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 58 Fairivew 57 (64 District Chamionship)
Squid Wrote:I think they missed Adams as much in terms of depth as anything else. By the start of the fourth quarter, Collins was gassed. He was pretty much carrying the load in terms of ball handling. Gunter played well for Fairview. He has come a long way over the last two seasons.

For Ashland, Whetsel kept the Tomcats in the game when they really needed a lift.

Collins did look tired. He still managed to get a last second attempt for 3 off the front of the rim while being closely guarded on a fall away, 5 feet past the arc.

Ashland didn't waste any baskets again tonight, winning by a single point. I'm not complaining though, Ashland was lucky to win at all when you look at the rebounding stats- Fairview 48 Ashland 32.

The tourney bye had the Cats a little stale I thought, the 12-0 hole to start the game was hard for them to overcome. Making all that ground back up in the 1st half was key for the win this time. Ashland had enough left at the end to hold Fairview off, even though we only managed to run off 3 seconds on our last possession. Hated to see them get the ball back with 16.8 seconds left, that was a worry.
Messages In This Thread
Ashland 58 Fairivew 57 (64 District Chamionship) - by gapman - 02-27-2010, 02:50 AM