Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn vs. Perry Co. Central (54th District 1st Round)
Wall4president Wrote:It's in reference to the whole Perry/Hazard/Buckhorn thing. It's the kids that all these people are hurting. Creating problems where there shouldn't be any, if the adults would lead as examples, the kids would sure follow. But look at how the parents and administrators of these schools are acting, it's ridiculous to watch. They need to set better examples for our future leaders in this county.

It's definitely sad that the adults do this.
The whole ordinance that stops Perry/Hazard mathchups through the season is basically just a band-aid attempt to fix a problem that is always going to be there as long as this is hyped and treated the way it is....
and in the basketball situation I think it's a bad idea altogether.
Now we have a possible Perry/Hazard game for the District title and the teams have not played each other all year....
The tensions will run much higher, the hype will be a lot bigger, and all the things that caused this rivalry to be disbanded to begin with will be exponential.

I'm ready for basketball myself though!
The kids do a good job of leaving it all on the floor and playing through the madness even though some of the fans and school officials take it too far.
Good luck to both teams tonight.
These two teams make for such a great game.

Perry takes the air out of the ball, runs their halfcourt sets, and makes every posession count because they lead the state in FG and 3pt FG %.
Buckhorn is a tough and scrappy teams and gets a lot of second chances as their star player Matt Day is #2 in the state in rebounding(Which he is only .1% from being #1).
GO DORES
Messages In This Thread
Buckhorn vs. Perry Co. Central (54th District 1st Round) - by zaga_fan - 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM