Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loan guarantees pave way for first new U.S. nuclear reactors in years
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Where does Obama plan to store the nuclear waste? By his order, the only long term storage facility in this country, Yucca Mountain, on which $9 billion has already been spent on planning and development, has already been closed.

I agree with the decision to resume building nuclear power plants by I am skeptical that it will happen on Obama's watch. I just wish that Obama had made the decision for the right reasons.

AGW has been exposed as a hoax, yet the administration continues to talk as if CO2 emissions from coal fired power plants is a crisis threatening our species' very existence.

We should be building new nuclear plants, just as we should be building new coal plants and drilling for energy - to keep energy costs affordable to give our economy room to expand.
D.C. Cook in MI. stores their waste on site in a big mausoleum. It looks like a giant motel, but it is actually concrete about 10 feet thick with 3 feet thick steel in the center. I have heard rumors of sending waste to space. I don't know if that's feasible or even safe, I don't have enough knowledge to say.

Quote:We should be building new nuclear plants, just as we should be building new coal plants and drilling for energy - to keep energy costs affordable to give our economy room to expand
Can agree with this as long as they install the SCR's and scrubbers on the coal units. I am also for the new carbon capture(sending the co2 down 10-15 thousand feet in the ground via drilled wells) units they are starting to install on coal units.