Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TNA "iMPACT!" Moves To Mondays On March 8
Stardust Wrote:TNA will draw commercial jumpers. If they can intelligently book interesting angles and matches, they will have a chance to increase their ratings. They have a core group of watchers. I did it a few weeks ago. I was interested enough to flip back and forth.

TNA has a few serious issues that turn me off.

1) Production value - for whatever reason, it just looks cheap. It doesn't even compare with the old WCW. They need bigger crowds, bigger stage, better lighting, etc.

2) Crowd involvement - pops and heat are non-existent in TNA. If you are a new viewer to TNA how are you supposed to know who to cheer for? Plus, there's just something "right" about wrestling when there are pops and heat. Heck, have any of you seen the old AWA Wrestling on ESPN Classic? Even they had bigger, more involved crowds than TNA does right now. The small crowds make this look like some kind of backyard wrestling show.

3) Venue - Impact needs to move around. How do you get bigger crowds and more fans if you're stuck in one place all the time? I know that TNA wrestlers like the easy schedule that TNA has, but if they want to compete with WWE, they're going to have to move around some. Not every TNA fan can afford to take a trip down to Florida to see the show.

4) Bringing in all these old geezers - Hogan and Bischoff can draw, but the bigger get for TNA, IMO was Bischoff. Hogan adds very little to the show right now. Bischoff is excellent on the mic and TNA needs a permanent manager of the show. Much like McMahon was in the Attitude Era. After seeing Hogan, the Nasty Boys, very old looking Hall and X-Pac, I'm just left thinking why? So, this is where wrestlers go to die? I also have a problem with the constant gimmick ripoffs. Jay Lethal - just a cheap Macho Man imitation. Abyss - a cheap Mankind imitation.

I think a HUGE thing TNA needs to do for a few months is to help new viewers get involved in the storylines. I can pick up some from watching Impact every now and then, but I feel this is another big roadblock for me. Something TNA should do is for 3-6 months allow free PPV viewings. They will lose some money initially, but it will be something the WWE is not doing right now and it is something like will get new viewers more involved in the storylines, more so than just tuning in to TNA every now and then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
TNA "iMPACT!" Moves To Mondays On March 8 - by ComfortEagle - 02-16-2010, 01:11 PM