Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Feb. 15)
goodguy Wrote:Ryle beat Lafayette when three of Lafayette's players were suspended for one game for disciplinary reasons. Highlands has been playing terrible this year.

The Ryle loss was a bad loss for Holmes and their recent performance against Dixie Heights and Campbell Co. make me question how good they really are.

Well it seems like Holmes just plays to the level of their opponents, because when they've played the "big boys", they've been very competitive.

I don't doubt how good Holmes is, because anyone with basketball knowledge knows that this is arguably the most talented team in the state. They do lack a true point guard, but they have the best swing forward and big man in the state. If they could get more out of the other guys like Rice and Jeremiah Johnson, then they'll be set to defend their state championship and not have to worry about being knocked off in their region tournament.

I do think this is a top 5 team, but we all know teams go into slumps no matter how good they are.

Holmes will be alright.
Messages In This Thread
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Feb. 15) - by BlackcatAlum - 02-16-2010, 02:03 AM