Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games you wish were scheduled this year...
Tica Wrote:No I am not that ignorant. LO could have beaten Tilghman this year. IMHO the truly ignorant posts are from Lone Oak people claiming they beat Boyle and were just cheated out of the championship trophy.

Agreed. Boyle won it fair and square. While I myself checked to see if their was a blatant mistake by the refs in calling that game (in which I was unable to tell whether or not Goldsmith got into the TD line or not) there is no sense in whining and crying about it. Both teams played a **** of a ball game, Boyle just played a bit better one.

I do think, on an unrelated note, that we would have beat them had we been at full strength. We went into that game with two starting seniors out due to injuries, one of them being all state honorable mention at DL Chandler Thacker, who got injured against Marion, and the other a WR Clayton Isenburg, who got hurt against Franklin Simpson. And then, when Boyle had only 2 TDs on us in the Third Quarter, we lost another Senior Starter: Houston Hopper at DE. Not sure how many injured players Boyle had going in, but I believe that, with how close that game was, that LO would have won if even one or two of the three injured starters could have played through the whole game.

But as far as being cheated? Thats just being a sore loser.
Messages In This Thread
Games you wish were scheduled this year... - by Lone Oak Shocker - 01-19-2010, 12:02 PM