Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why start a thread for every game in KY?
As for this portion: "I'll be the first to honestly say I don't care what anyone thinks about my activity, and I applaud those who have a similar activity. If you have an issue with it, then that is on you."

I have to applaud you, this is good journalism to cut out the rest of the post that discusses the issues complaints that I went through and the appreciation that I had for what I personally did (Which doesn't mean squat to the overall health of this site, so it is not a pat on the back) to draw interest. By not refencing the preceeding comments, you can easily take my words from about and can construe them improperly. Which has happened. So when I say I don't care, it means that I had no issue's with those who chastised me for trying to make this site statewide. I would have done it all again (which I guess I am now). And I recognize that there are those who don't want the site to grow from what it was to what it is becoming (Broader than a single geographic region), and for those that is their issue to deal with, because it is not the direction or the intent that this site was built upon.

Your other points are all valid. You go into every thread just as I do. Hoping to see if there is something in there to post about. When there is nothing, then yes, I do post a kudo's. If someone adds a topic, then I will attempt to make a response. I think going back into post and putting box scores is extremely valuable. Putting that information may well draw interest, especially if there is a recognizable name, or someone has a big statistical night.

I'll ask, if you were on this site before more than you are now, then you are telling me that those very same topics that you posted in before are gone? I sure don't see that. I would disagree, and it is posted in another thread, that the original members are leaving because they don't like what the site has become.

What has it become? Again, I don't see less of the same conversations that we had from just one region, so it can't be that it those conversations have disappeared. Is it because now there is more discussion from all over that bothers people, knowing that it is no longer the one area site. I don't buy that there is less activity because there are multiple game score posts! As I said, if someone is a member on another site, just as many game threads are there. Difference - They are getting comments. I'll argue that the exact same things were said about non-posted game threads last year. The number of those are becoming fewer and fewer!
Messages In This Thread
Why start a thread for every game in KY? - by Stardust - 01-13-2010, 05:41 PM