Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why start a thread for every game in KY?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:While I am making like my 2nd post in probably a month, due to this exact reason, I might as well throw my opinions in, as well. I very rarely even log in anymore because it is so boring to see a list of game threads of "Final!" or "Congrats!", with zero replies, or the only reply being the original poster padding his total by putting the box score as the 2nd post, when clearly it could have been put in the original post. Yeah, this whole problem ran some members off last year, while adding some new ones, which I really believe wasn't as much as a result of these millions of useless threads, as it was the general growth of the site.

It really urks me to see also, that people that this time last year who were "Well, I am jus trying to help" or "what can I do to make it better?" etc etc, are now "if you don't like it, I dont care" or "it's your problem if you don't like what I do," all because of a status change in their user name/title. Clearly that shows me that that is all they were after, and now that they have the privileges or title they wanted, they completely turned a 180 against everyone else who makes this board happen. The regular, casual posters.
I probably spent 2+ hours easily every single day on here the last 3 years, but over the last 6 months, I haven't spent 5 mins a day on here, due to the ridiculousness of some of these threads. You scroll down and see a game with like 6 replies and think "Wow, actually some discussion on these teams!" Only to be blindsided once again. I mean, does it really take 5 posts to put a final score, a congratulations, a box score and a news story about ONE game? From the SAME poster?

Now, I come to the site, check the baseball forum, and any forum that may have something recent about my 2 local high schools, and scan over the threads in pro sports for any MLB threads. I don't even go to the trouble of clicking one button to log on unless there is a thread that really, really draws my interest.
In short, this is one long time member who is completely turned off by this site anymore. Whether it be the craziness of all these posts, or the attitudes of newly appointed staff and their eagerness to show their new-found authority by closing threads prematurely (up to and including update threads when games are in progress, by the way), or just being rude in general now that they have the "Moderator" title or whatever it is. Really, is it necessary to put "final" in every update thread to justify closing it, even AFTER someone has put the final score? I would think people know the game is over and thus the reason for closing the thread when a final score is there. And, correct me if I am wrong, but during this whole deal last year, wasn't the whole idea of these one and two word posts such as "Congrats" or "Nice win" supposedly were to be frowned upon? I really think I recall a mod, staff, someone saying something to the sort of "if you have the time to click in a thread and post, please make an effort to put a thought or opinion, not just 'grats'."

In short, as bad as it hurts me to say it, lol, I spend more time on "the other site" now. The funniest thing, I dont even have an account there because "him" and all those people are so weird and uptight, but I jus look forward to the days of when they open the whole board up to everyone, and I read like ****. But it's not just me, believe me. I see long, long-time members, everyday posters who just dont post anymore. Many real life friends. And they tell me jus what I tell them when asked why I am not on much anymore.

I appreciate everything Q has done for the site and sports in the area in general. He took his idea and made it happen and it took off. I know he is a very busy man and has to put his trust in others to make sure they keep this sight flowing in a positive direction. And the majority have continued to do a great job at it and I appreciate that.

Edit: My apologies for going so long. In that little reply box, it's hard to see when you have typed so much. :biggrin:
After a post of this length, I am gonna be accused of being as boring as these multiple threads.

And yes, I know a visit to "The Box" is more than likely in my near future.:yikes:

Straight from the heart. i wounder if this post will be deleted?
Messages In This Thread
Why start a thread for every game in KY? - by Benchwarmer - 01-13-2010, 02:36 PM