Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why start a thread for every game in KY?
I'll be honest with you. As a long-standing member of this site, it has been gratifying to watch the site grow beyond the mountains and include new members. By adding new members from beyond the 14th, 15th & 16th regions, the site has grown in credibility. With that growth though, comes growing pains...For example:

I agree with other posters in this thread. I get tired of seeing 75 scoring threads with the majority of those being created by one member, who more than likely has never attended a Fulton City vs. Murray game, yet feels the need to create the thread because it's a final score. Unless you were at the game, or have a geniune interest in the outcome (ex: upset or suprising close, etc) then don't create the thread simply because you feel the score should be there. Trust me, if ppl want the scores bad enough, you'll go to the khsaa.org site and get'em. This site wasn't intended to be a source for "scores", it was intended to be a place that goes beyond the scores. If the game was great, close or an upset - then create the thread. But don't create a thread on a game just for the sake of doing it because all it does is clog up the front page. JMO.

After reading some of the post in this thread, I like the idea of creating sub-forums. Example: Click on Boys Basketball, then select from the following choices: Western KY, Central KY, Northern KY, Eastern KY Hoops. That gives each section of the state it's own distinct place on the site and would cut down on some of the aggravation I believe. Years ago, the Louisville Courier-Journal would break down different sections of the state's high school basketball teams with a half-page dedicated to a different region. It acted as a recap of the week's action and preview of what was to come soon. It's just a thought.

BTW: A high post count doesn't qualify anyone to become a moderator. It's about the content/opinion you bring to the table and how much responsibility and enthusiasm you bring for high school athletics.
Messages In This Thread
Why start a thread for every game in KY? - by jammin' jamey - 01-13-2010, 02:21 PM