Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games you wish were scheduled this year...
Not sure if there has been a thread on this or not, but needless to say, I'm making one. Basically, say the match ups that you would have liked to have seen this season. I'll give reasons for mine.

In no particular order:

Lone Oak vs. Bell County

Both teams lost to Boyle by three in two of the best games of the year, and both dominated most every other team that they played. The greatest offense in 4A against (arguably) the greatest defense in 4A here. Whichever side you support, there is no doubt about this one: it would be a game to remember.

Simon Kenton vs Trinity

Just because I personally think that SK was the better team this year, and I would like to see some confirmation to my theory. Probably the second and third best teams in 6A, as well.

Highlands vs St. Xavier

This one is obvious: the two best teams in the state deck it out. Its that simple.

Mayfield vs Murray

This one is a bit of a western rivalry, plus it appears to be a decent matchup. Mayfield made it to state, and Murray was the only team to give Fort Campbell any trouble. This one just catches my fancy for some reason.

Lone Oak vs Paducah Tilghman

This one is a bit personal, as some people from Tilghman believe that they were the better team this year because they won a state title. Well, if I can't say anything nice, than I shouldn't say anything at all. :biggrin:

Lone Oak vs Fort Campbell

The best of the west go head to head. The Falcons went undefeated with a stellar QB at their head, but I don't think that either their offense or their defense were quite up to snuff as Boyle's. I just believe that it would be a good matchup.

Obviously alot of LO matchups there, but then again, I'm a bit biased. So, what games would you liked to have seen?
Messages In This Thread
Games you wish were scheduled this year... - by Lone Oak Shocker - 01-12-2010, 01:00 PM