Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luke Salmons CJ Coach of the Year all classes
Coach Salmons deserved this award - even in a year where others could have easily won it. Coaching is an art that goes far beyond Xs and Os and Ws and Ls. It is about getting the best from an individual in a way that makes a team better. And despite the unfortunate actions of some of his players, Coach Salmons did a great job turning this program from the cellar to source of pride. As a Knox dad, I was one of their biggest critics when those players danced in our face after ending our season. And I was at the Bell game to witness the antics of those 2 players who got ejected. I was sitting right over the locker room and heard the banging below... So I have as good a view of this to condemn this coach and his team as anyone.

But I refuse to do that. Advesity is never a welcome addition to a situation but when it rears its ugly head it provides the best opportunity to evaluate leadership. Here, Coach Salmons leadership was best proved by the actions of the majority of his players - not the 2. Players like Josh Mills #11 who made a couple of the best catches I have seen in years at the Bell game define that teams spririt. This senior leader shook everyones hand after the Knox game and took time to speak personally to several of our players about what a fine team we had. He and several LC players were on the field long after the Bell game had ended leading their team in prayer and showing the type of character you only hope your son might have in a similiar situation.

Not only do I not condemn this team and their coach and staff - I applaud the amazing job they have done impacting the lives of their players, breathing life into a small community, and dealing with the challenges they have faced as a result of some difficult situations. Well done Coach.
Messages In This Thread
Luke Salmons CJ Coach of the Year all classes - by Football1 - 12-28-2009, 09:47 AM