Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luke Salmons CJ Coach of the Year all classes
I appreciate the kind words Mr Kimball. I understand what you are saying as we along with other schools have our bad apples. I respect your passion for Johnson Central athletics. I've had two brother in laws coach there and I've seen a fair share of rabid fans there too.
The incident at Bell Co was the most embarassing thing I've been around in 13 years of coaching. Those kids were cussed by adults a large part of the game. Fortunatly I don't base the Bell Co program from the parents cussing our kids that night. I spent a week with host families down there for the Mountain Laural Festival and I know there's a lot of great people around there. 2 kids lost their emotion after being tossed from their last game ever. It was an embarassing incident that they learned from. They were punished but we still love them both!
Kosar if you want to define our program from that then it's your opinion and that's fine. I didn't like what happened either. I can assure you that Coach Salmons is a quality man. I can also say that you don't make the biggest turnaround in state history without A Ton of character! You all keep bringing up the bad episode. What's not talked about is the group of Sr's that stuck together after 1 win in 2 years. How about our Govenor Scholars, kids with 30+ on the ACT. The SR getting letters from Harvard and Duke etc. Every program has good and bad people around it.
I'm a believer that folks in Eastern KY should stick together. We've got enough people around the state that look down their noses at us and could care less about us. I've been around a lot of great men in this state off the field. Coach Salmons is one of the best men I know. I wouldn't be on here if I didn't 100% feel this way!
Messages In This Thread
Luke Salmons CJ Coach of the Year all classes - by bulldog42 - 12-24-2009, 12:54 PM