Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(3) Kentucky 86 - Long Beach State 73
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If Wall, Patterson, and Cousins don't get 2 quick fouls and sit the 1st half, UK blows this one out. But our main go-to player like Wall, Patterson, and Cousins finally got things going midway through the 2nd half and we pulled away. LBSU had a scrappy team that give our backups a run for their money. Was impressed with the solid 7 minutes Harrellson put in today. I know coach Cal said that they players where ready to get ball off their mind and get back home for the Holidays, so he kinda felt the same way by saying that he expected the game to be sluggish and he just wanted to get a victory and move on, understanding that the larger battles lie ahead.

That is easy to say, but I disagree. The reason for the fouls:

"Rasheed" Cousins - gets a T and Personal on the same play because of his head.

Wall - two reach-in fouls

PPat - reach in and blocking.

In each of those instances, it's not playing smart, it's playing lazy. All of the above could have been avoided with the proper effort. Cal even addressed this in his postgame. So I would disagree with your comment that had they been on the floor the outcome would have been different. The outcome would have been different if the effort was there from the beginning. Patterson didn't come out until close to the end of the half. Wall was in for 10 minutes of the half. But none of them were in it from a mental standpoint.
Messages In This Thread
(3) Kentucky 86 - Long Beach State 73 - by NYY10 - 12-23-2009, 09:37 PM
(3) Kentucky 86 - Long Beach State 73 - by Stardust - 12-24-2009, 10:05 AM