Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luke Salmons CJ Coach of the Year all classes
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Is what he was saying false?

I erased what I was going to say because I have more class than to let loose on a program because of a couple of posters that are classless. If you want to talk about what happened at the Bell Co game then PM me and I'll be more than happy one on one. You can listen to a poster from a rival school that has never spoken the 1st word to Coach Salmons or seen what he does for his kids. That poster can hide behind a fake name with no accountability and shoot his mouth off because he thinks he's in a safe place. Coach Salmons tried out for the NY Giants OLine so I would definatly hide behind a fake name too if I was going to attack his character.
Those with a brain smart enough not to go that route can look at the honor his peers gave him. You think if he didn't have class etc that they would give him such an honor even when his team didn't get as far as a lot of coaches? That's what his peers say.
Here's what I say. I've been coaching for 13 years now. I've coached against schools like Trinity, St X, Highlands, Cov Cath, Belfry, Russell, Bell, PBurg, Sheldon Clark etc. I've been around a lot of great coaches and I've won a state championship. I have respect for coaches because I know what they do everyday not just on Fri nights.
Coach Salmons took a group of kids that one 1 game over two years. They were beaten and battered both mentally+physically. He got them to buy into working harder than they have ever worked. He taught them not to quit or turn your back on others when times are tough. The kids leaving his program are prepared for life and know how to handle adveristy. They circle up every day after practice and give thanks to God. They know in tough times to lean on God/family and friends. They are also mentally tough as ****! He has taken a program that was beaten down to the lowest point it's ever been and put it back among the elite in Eastern KY. It took some swagger to do that. Do we wish the PA announcer hadn't flipped on the music after the Knox game to a song the kids were having fun in the lockeroom to. Heck yeh. The kids had been beaten down for 2 years. It was something that should have been done in the lockeroom and a lesson learned. I can assure you Lawrence Co has A LOT of respect for Knox Central and I think the people from Knox know that or at least the ones I've talked to do. As for the Bell incident 2 SR's were thrown out of the last game of their life. One on a totally phantom call that was caught on film. There are two sides to that story. The kids from LC were wrong and the adults from Bell Co were wrong. Coach Salmons was not in the lockeroom when the two kids tore it up. It was a sad sad situation for the LC program and one we have moved on from. The kids were handled and the lockeroom was taken care of. The knew they were wrong and maned up to take the punishment. We love them and hope everybody learned from that ordeal. I think anybody thrown out of their last game ever would be pretty emotional and you don't know the battles they have had in life so I wouldn't be too quick to judge. They will both be better people from the whole ordeal 10 years down the road. It too was a lesson learned for those kids.
There have been people on here that want to attack the character of Coach Salmons (all from Bell Co). I have been around a lot of coaches. I have not been around a Coach that works any harder than Luke in the off season. I also have not been around a coach that tries any harder to help open the eyes of his kids about God. He has been a very positive influence in my life and many others. He works his kids hard and demands they play the game hard. I'm sure glad he's here!
The people reading about Coach Salmons and our program can listen to a rival poster that hides behind a fake name then bashes the Coach or you can look at what his PEERS have said along with somebody that has spent a lot of time around him!

Blake Preece (not everybody has to hide!)
Messages In This Thread
Luke Salmons CJ Coach of the Year all classes - by bulldog42 - 12-23-2009, 07:59 PM