Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(3) Kentucky 86 - Long Beach State 73
This is what I posted in the prediction thread:

Originally Posted by Stardust
I agree with the above posts that UK wins by 20+, but this is likely to be another of those games that for the first 30+ minutes of the game, the lead will run back and forth from a double digit lead to single digit.

UK comes in as a significant favorite, which they have shown a propencity to play down or with a lack of focus in these types of games. Following the popmp and circumstance from Monday night, it's a natural letdown. These are not professionals, they are 18 and 19 year-old kids for the most part. The ability to handle the emotional consistency is still years away. I will guarentee you that LBS is more up for the challenge, than UK is looking towards a match-up with an inferior team before the holidays. For UK, this is a game on their schedule, for LBS, this is an NCAA Bracket Buster game that means a tremendous opportunity for them to get much needed support come March. Let's face it, UK was up for Drexal not because they were up for the challenge of Drexal, will they have the same urgency to want this game as much. This game may well push the Cats until they need to wake themselves and run away with it down the stretch.

Pretty much the way this panned out as the Cats had a three point lead with 11:00 minutes to go before the defense picked up and took the game away. Very laze defense allowed LBS too many open looks from threes and cause non-sensical fouls that kept 4 starters out for much of the first half.
Messages In This Thread
(3) Kentucky 86 - Long Beach State 73 - by Stardust - 12-23-2009, 04:27 PM
(3) Kentucky 86 - Long Beach State 73 - by NYY10 - 12-23-2009, 09:37 PM