Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clark County 74 Holmes 60 (scrimmage)
goldenrule19 Wrote:I would not read to much into this game. Holmes will still be the team to beat in March! I watch alot of top teams have problems this weekend. They all hve work to do by December 5, 2009 when most kick off the season. New players take time to fit in and some others take time to fit in new roles. Homles is still #1 in the State and top 25 in the Nation.

I agree.

Any realist knows that when Holmes isn't using a 10 man rotation and they have their floor general, Ricardo Johnson, Holmes is a completely different team.

Same thing happened to Holmes in their first scrimmage last year. Ric got hurt early and didn't play in the rest of the game and Holmes got beat by a similar margin. Two weeks later, however, TC met a Holmes team with RJ and a set 7 man rotation and got blown outta the gym.

I think GRC would still compete with Holmes with Rico in there...I just don't think they'd have as much success. Stenzel was unstoppable tonight with Mayfield guarding him. Having Ric down low and on the defense makes a big difference.

Clark Co played extremely well tonight though against the group that Holmes put on the floor
Messages In This Thread
Clark County 74 Holmes 60 (scrimmage) - by kywldcat01 - 11-22-2009, 04:07 AM