Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County 7th Grade Football Regional Champs!
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Either you didnt see the game between Corbin and Clay Co. or you are still upset that Corbin beat Jackson. Corbin lost to Clay Co. 14-12 at the beginning of the season. And one of the main reasons for the loss was a punt that went strait into the linemen then picked up by clay and ran for a touchdown. Clay Co. was a HUGE team up front and played smash mouth football the way it is supposed to be played. This was a very close game that i would love to see again.

score was 20-12. and from what I remember Corbin and Clay both couldn't move the ball . A touchdown is a touchdown no matter how you score it. So maybe the excuse of the kick off return must mean that that you are upset that Clay won. No matter how good a team is there is always someone out there better.It was a close game and yeah I'd pay to see again. We played Clay last year and lost to them also. Yeah they are big and I know some people over in Clay that work in the school system and yes they did admit that most of those boys had been held back so that they could play an extra year of 6th grade basketball last year.6th grade over in Clay still go to elementary school and the basketball league for those schools is highly competitive. I'm not upset that Corbin beat us. The way I looked at it going into the playoffs was, if we lost I wanted to lose to the team that won it all and thats what happened. This was our 4th season of football here in Jackson Co. Except for a couple of players none of the other players have played for more than 1 season prior to this year. Our football IQ is at about 60% Where as Corbin's is at 90% because most if not all of the kids had played youth league football and have 4 years+ under their belt
Messages In This Thread
Greenup County 7th Grade Football Regional Champs! - by Jackson Cofan - 11-03-2009, 07:30 PM