Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corporate Greed/Power...Or US Government?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Great point. The "greedy" health insurance industry had a profit margin well under 10 percent in the past year. Even the evil oil companies generally have profit margins below 10 percent. Taxes on oil companies are roughly three times the size of their profits.

If the media would do their job, the federal government could not get away with demonizing some of the best corporate citizens in this country. We are electing politicians whose actions are driving corporations out of this country in droves.

I do differentiate between, for lack of better phraseology, "moral capitialism" and "immoral capitalism." "If you have a job, thank a rich man; however, if you are a rich man, make sure your scales are honest and that silver and gold don't matter more than flesh and blood." How about that? I believe in a capitalism that reward ingenuity and hard work. I believe human nature is corrupt and that greed is endemic to it and dangerous. Therefore, I believe that a "watchdog" role is necessary, lest silver and gold become so dear that it is ok to send children into mines and teenage girls into dark rooms with sweaty, hard breathing strangers....
Messages In This Thread
Corporate Greed/Power...Or US Government? - by thecavemaster - 10-27-2009, 04:45 PM