Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 5th/6th Pike Co. Champs
OlmannSV Wrote:Guys, come on, don't try to take it away from the kids by complaining about officials. I could have complained every game this year about the calls, but why should we. Anyone who knows anything about football and 5th/6th graders... you could call something on every play. But last nights game was called fair. If you go look most of the calls were in favor of the pirates. I talked to the line judge who made a mistake by not blowing the whistle on the dead ball fowl which lead to 6 points for Belfry. He hated that he made the mistake, but it was just that, a mistake. Those guys were filling in due to the original refs not showing because they were sick. Mr. Looney came with very short notice and done a great job, even though I still don't agree with him making valley taking a timeout just to get an explanation of the the mistake call. But he kept both side in line in a highly emotional game. Great Job Refs!!

I did not see any other UNBIASED people volunteering to call the game.

Both teams had some outstanding young men, and the future looks pretty good for both schools. You never can tell, but wouldn't it be great to see two State High School Champions come back to Pike Co. in the same year! It is a long time off for these little guys, but no one knows what the future holds. And it is looking better and better each year!

Way to go Valley!! Now go down to Mt. Sterling and show them what the Pike Co football is about!

Good post. :Thumbs:

Sounds like the tournament organizers did the best they could under the circumstances. There are a lot of people sick around the area right now, and it does not surprise me that the scheduled game officials were sick and had to no-show. That is unforeseen and unavoidable, and it sounds like the organizers did well to get at least one certified official to come on short notice. As for the other two officials not being actual officials, again, I think they did the best they could. Their options were either play the game with just one official (obviously not feasible), play with the one certified ref and the other men who were willing to help out, or cancel the entire tournament. I think they made the right call.

Congrats to both teams.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
Shelby Valley 5th/6th Pike Co. Champs - by More Cowbell - 10-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Shelby Valley 5th/6th Pike Co. Champs - by blue60 - 10-28-2009, 02:00 AM