Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break down the rules for state! Is there a bracket?
Thanks to those who replied to my prior post, but I am still not understanding how it was determined which teams received bye games.

In the 8th grade bracket Graves County gets two byes. No other team in the entire 8th grade bracket gets 2 byes. Bowling Green, who actually beat Graves earlier this year, only gets one bye.

When Graves finally does play a game, after 3 weeks of prep time, practice, and rest, it will be against an opponent that is coming off a game just 3 days before!
It does not make sense that Graves would get this tremendous advantage when they actually lost to Bowling Green during the regular season.

As stated by another poster, in the 7th grade bracket both Lexington Catholic and S Pulaski get double byes as well.
What is the thought process that goes into this decision? Are these rules written down anywhere where they can be checked?
How does a school qualify for a double bye?

Why was the 8th grade west bracket not laid out like the east? In the east they had the same number of teams but no one gets more than one bye.
If someone can explain this to me so that I can understand it I would be very grateful.
Messages In This Thread
Break down the rules for state! Is there a bracket? - by Bigblue78 - 10-13-2009, 08:30 PM