Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Five Football Programs in East Kentucky
Cat Daddy Wrote:1. Morgan County
2. Magoffin County
3. Betsy Lane
4. Powell County
5. Knott County Central

lol, I am just having fun so I hope no one gets offended.

1. Breathitt County -Breathitt no doubt over the past 15 years has been the best football program in the mountains. Breathitt has 3 state championships, 3undefeated season, 4 trips to the state championship game, 42 game winning streak, and 5 regional titles.

1. Bell County - Bell has always been a powerhouse in mountain football. They have two state championships and the best high school coach in Ky. Bell also has the best fan base following in the mountains. Bell County seems to never have a down year.

1. Belfry - Belfry has no doubt been the best football program in the mountains this decade. Belfry has back to back state championships in this decade along with another trip to the championship game. Belfry also has a strong fan base. Belfry's facilities are like no other in the mountains.

**Basically I think the first three are too close to call and any of the these great programs could easily be #1.

4. Ashland
5. Pikeville

Prestonsburg and Corbin also deserve to be in the top five but someone has to be left out.

I agree with the exception that I would rank Corbin over Pikeville. They have also won state championships and have maintained consistency dating back to the fifties.
Messages In This Thread
Top Five Football Programs in East Kentucky - by OrangenowBlue - 09-06-2009, 10:34 PM