Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirate Practice - Any Reports From Day 1?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I am thinking about 2000 who was the QB that year because that season they stuck with alot of the same passing game and regular season was 6-4 I think...I mean belry is belfry just know that in 2000 they threw the ball quite a bit ran more of a "pro style" offense if you will. rushed for over 2K and threw for around 1500 if my mind serves me right.

But thanks for clearing things up EKU i was only like 11 or 12 at that point in time so I cant remember much about them just saw a couple of games by them back then.

Well that is true as well they may not pass it all over the field however I think youll see alot of slip screens by them ALOT of option similar to the offense Pike Central ran with Quirvon Merchant at QB. JMO though. Im excited to see it though because this will really make a wrinkle in the season lol.

My guess is you are thinking of Casey Lequire. Belfry was about 50/50 run to pass that season and sadly their season came to an end on a VERY controversial phantom TD call at Breathitt Allen Sperry's Senior season. Belfry was leading late on the road in Jackson when Breathitt won on a last second TD. The replay on WYMT clearly showed the receiver never had control of the ball until he was about 4 feet out of bounds. Didn't really matter too much as noone was going to get past Boyle County that season.

Casey is now an Assistant head coach at Belfry and IMO will one day be a head coach somewhere. He was a good QB but had alot of shoulder injuries which hampered him.
Messages In This Thread
Belfry Pirate Practice - Any Reports From Day 1? - by EKUAlum05 - 07-30-2009, 06:59 PM