Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida PG Kenny Boynton's Opinion on UK
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I don't see anything wrong with this. If I am a head coach of any SEC school I pray that this is my kid's mindset and that they enter the game expecting to win instead of hoping. He may have to eat his words on this one, but in terms of hwat he said the kid should be cut some slack.

Good post. I think that over the past five seasons, we as UK fans have felt slighted by the teams that we were putting on the floor and obviously we were not longer the "Big Bad Wolf". Nobody feared us anymore, so it was easy for other teams to cast stones and hope to get in our crawl. UK Basketball is back (on paper, I know we haven't won a game yet), and we should be proud to be the focus of everyones attention again. We were used to having the bullseye that everyone measured themselves against. In the past, this type of talk never resonated, or became chalkboard material, because WE DIDN'T NEED IT. We were the best, and we were confident in that fact. I don't think this will cause too much fluster in the Cats locker room, they will be confident enough and should expect this from every team. I'd be worried when a team is not talking about us!
Messages In This Thread
Florida PG Kenny Boynton's Opinion on UK - by Stardust - 07-29-2009, 02:42 PM