Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rush: "The replacement for coal doesn't exist."
outdoorsman43 Wrote:My eyes are open. Wink

Someday is a while from now, a pretty long while at that. I am by no means saying we should listen to anything Rush Limbaugh says either. I am saying that our area (the whole Appalachian region) depends on coal for many more jobs than just mining. Just about the whole state of West Virginia is dependent on coal.

I do agree with you that we will eventually be required to switch to alternative fuels, but the way Obama and the administration are trying to do it is ridiculous and ludicrous. There is nothing wrong with switching to alternative fuels and we as a country should start in that direction, but in a slow process. We have plenty generations left of coal and should take advantage of that time. But, the way Obama is handling this is just not right for the America. We all will be effected, if Obama and the administration keeps it up. You Obama defenders will understand then when you are paying for it, literally. I'm not pointing you out either MadDog, don't think that. I'm talking to everyone.

Hard to argue with what you said and a lot more open minded then the rest of your party :Thumbs:.
Only thing I will say is that yes the administration is going too aggressively into the alternative switch. Problem is that the situation Obama inherited from his mildly incompetent predecessor is one that is almost impossible to handle. From a long drawn out war in Iraq to economic uncertainty the administration can't really do much right with the weight of the world baring down. I don't think any of the candidates could make it all go back to the way it was before Bush. It took 8 years for him to screw it all up and it will probably take the American people and good leadership that much time or longer to get back on the right track.
Messages In This Thread
Rush: "The replacement for coal doesn't exist." - by Mad Dog 420 - 07-22-2009, 11:36 PM