Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rush: "The replacement for coal doesn't exist."
outdoorsman43 Wrote:So this Country should just switch energy sources just like that?

Don't you realize what that would do to our economy? There would be amazingly high unemployment, black outs, etc.

You didn't read what I said very clearly or you would notice that I said the following:
While I don't believe coal has a replacement over night but we must open our minds to the fact that it has to be replaced someday.

Someday isn't right now is it? No it isn't I think that you need to open your eyes and see that coal isn't gonna last forever. If we followed the plans of Rush and the other extreme right we would be using coal right up till the day it all ran out then we really would be in a world of hurt and all those things they say are gonna happen if we consider using some other alternative source will happen.

Also on the point of the Eastern Kentucky economy and coal, it should be the job of our political leaders to bring in more business and economic growth in order to keep us from depending so highly on one economic source. This hasn't happened and voters should wake up and become politically active until changes are made.
Messages In This Thread
Rush: "The replacement for coal doesn't exist." - by Mad Dog 420 - 07-22-2009, 11:17 PM